3/1/07

SPRING FEVER

For the past few days, I've been pretending that Spring has already arrived. It's definitely on it's way, but I'm moving it up just a bit. Yes, the midnight temps are still pretty low, but several of the past few days have had been in the mid 50s. Meaning: Winter coat no longer necessarily needed. Sort of.

When I leave for work now, instead of being in the low 30s, its about mid 40s. Which is when most of my pretending takes place. I've decided to take it like a man and run from the house to the car and then from the car into school, withOUT wearing a coat or jacket. I hate the feeling of being closed in. I hate bundling up. I hate extra layers of clothing. And, I hate having to schlep a coat for a mere 10 seconds. It gets pretty nippy without the extra cover up, but for such short moments, I'll live on the edge.

Birds are now chirping right outside my window when I wake up. They are my favorite sort of alarm clock. The sun rise seen from my comfy bed is spectacular. Some daffodils are beginning to bloom, but the leaves on trees haven't yet really returned. We're kind of in limbo, I guess. Well, others are. Me? I'm pretending that Spring has definitely Sprung.

Besides, my birthday is in Spring. Thus, my sign is an earth sign. A Mother Earth sign, to be exact. Which is pretty much the way I'd describe myself... nuturing, a home body, sensitive and grounded. I like my zodiac sign actually, since it's description always includes being highly sensual and/or sexual. Which shows what they know... obviously the powers that be haven't seen me in my favorite winter, yet unattractive bedtime clothing. My ragged multi colored socks are FAR from what I'd call a sexual turn on yet during the cold months, I'd NEVER go to bed without them.

On the other hand, now that Spring is right around the corner, I can once again bring out my lightweight floor length night gowns and wow the TV as I climb into bed. And best of all, I'm looking forward to the new season bringing back a real spring into my step. Indeed... I'm lovin' the onset of this new season. I'm sooooo ready for it!
Oh... wait. I forgot. It's allergy season.

No comments: