3/9/07

HAPPY FEET

YIPPEE! Today is Thursday and it's the last day of my work week. Thus you can well imagine how much I love Thursdays. Actually, I always have, from way back to my high school days. My thinking has always been: Thursday is a precursor to Friday and Friday equals WEEKEND!! So basically, Thursday is like a jump start to fun and games.

Today was an especially happy Thursday. I pulled into my driveway, and like always, was reciting my mantra, HALLE-f-ing-LUJAH. No sooner had I approached my front door than boom. I saw a package waiting for me and IMMEDIATELY I knew what it was: my latest winning item from eBay. You see a picture of it up on the left. Yea! A present from myself!

I have purchased items from eBay for YEARS now. And... you know what? EVERY single item I've ever won has always arrived in absolutely PERFECT condition. I've won ALL kinds of items. Books, English monarchy collectibles, purses, china, crystal boxes, etc. etc. I especially love bidding on items I just can't seem to find in retail stores. Like the shoes you see above.

I gave up wearing high heels on a regular basis about 10 years ago. And since I'm a lover of shoes (in particular, COMFORTABLE shoes) flats fit my needs to a T. So now... not only do I have zillions of unused heels, but I also have a major collection of flats. Dressy flats, casual flats, leather flats, patent flats, summer flats, winter flats, so on and so on. And... I have them in lots of colors given I like the just right "look" for each outfit. Anyway, my FAVORITE design of a flat shoe is the ballet slipper, which has now become so damn fashionable. I was wearing this style WAY before it became "in". Leave it to me to be two steps ahead of the crowd.

In the meantime, I needed a pair of white summer flats... a pair that met all my requirements: comfort, heel height, design, color and most of all, reasonably priced. Enter: eBay. I did my search, found these shoes and whamo. For a mere $10, I got just what I wanted! Talk about letting your fingers do the walking!

I brought the box inside, opened it and of course tried on my new shoes. I LOVE THEM. They fit perfectly and hit the spot for all my white spring and/or summer outfits. Of course, I also love sandals, fancy flip flops and the small 1/2 inch kitten heels on my slides. I have them all.
Which makes me think: maybe one day I should be the one selling shoes on eBay. While I myself would only buy NEW, WITH TAG, there are PLENTY of people who'd buy LIKE NEW. Which given my great care of accessories, is a perfect description. Jeez... I bet I could make a mint giving everyone ELSE happy feet for a change!

No comments: