8/13/06

WORLDS APART

Are you kidding me?? Can you beLIEVE the difference in these two picts? One is of a socialite beauty in private school and the other is of a doofus to the nth degree in public school. We are both ten years old, but while Jackie already has the looks of a refined, extraordinary future icon, I have the looks of a jerk that only a mother can love. Note that Jackie had the wherewithal to keep her sweet, delicate mouth closed for her smile while I apparently figured that showing off a 14 inch gap in my teeth is a good thing. What an A hole I was.

Check out the hair styles, too. I suspect Jackie's nanny probably spent a bit of time meticiously combing her ringlets while Hazel, our housekeeper at the time, never once put a brush to my hair. In fact, if memory serves me correctly, I'm probably sporting a Toni do it yourself home perm my Mother gave me. Honestly... this just kills me. I can't stop laughing at what's going on with my "look".

What gets me is imagining if both Jackie and I were in the same class. Is it even POSSIBLE she'd ever befriend me? Someone looking like this pict?? Actually, now that I think about it, even if Jackie were to have met me 40 years later, I'm not at all sure we'd be on the same page even then. Oh well... some people were meant for fame from the very start. Others were meant for mere adoration of the famous for the rest of their lives. Guess which category I fall into.

No comments: