3/16/07

THE WALTONS

I have this new hobby. It began when the Walton Family's newest Sam's Club came to my city which believe me, was BIG news. It's located within yards from our big Super WalMart, which was even BIGger news when it arrived.

I happen to love Sam's Club. Most people love it because you can stock up on your larger than life packaging of a zillion items. But personally, I love their HUGE bakery department. Especially those gourmet looking cakes and desserts. The department looks almost like an identical twin to Costco, whose baked goods also deserve a five star rating. The store is great, given you can also buy food stuffs which help you put together a fancy schmancy party in one mere shopping trip, offering your guests a wide array of excellent prepared hor'deurves, snacks, appetizers, whatever. Further, I was chatting with a friend last night and we both gave high marks to their cooked roasted chicken, which my mother had always said was the BEST. And, I've had terrific luck in Sam's fruit department. Finally, my all time favorite dinner, snack and/or breakfast item is the Chicken Cordon Bleu which is housed in the frozen food section. Major delicious.

Yet my FAVORITE department at Sam's Club is their Television Department. Talk about a pleasure dome! Sam's has apparently made it very easy for checking out all the new wide screen TV's, offering any size/feature you could possibly want. It definitely makes for happy shopping. But... while I have no intention whatsoever of actually PURCHASING a TV, I DO love the lounging set up they unknowingly offer. Apparently the seasonal furniture department is set up directly diagonally across from the televisions... a PERfect location, which allows for EXcellent viewing of all 60+ sets!

Of course, Sam's doesn't actually ENCOURAGE you to plop yourself down and watch the wide screen TV'S. But, that doesn't stop ME. Trust me... plopping my wide ass down upon the wide sized Lazy Boys, watching the wide screen TV, makes for one hell of a field trip! Yet there IS a trick to all this, by the way; always make sure you go to Sam's with any friend who has A LOT of shopping to do! That way, you can basically count on at LEAST a good 20 minutes of viewing time. And... if you're lucky, you might also be able to get in a nice nap, too. Besides, you have any idea how many new friends I make while I'm relaxing in my temporary lounge chair?? Plenty!

So... my best advice is: forget going to your friends' house for the Super Bowl. MY recommendation is: head to Sam's Club. THERE, you can watch the show, mosey on up to the concession stand and have an EXCELLENT hot dog if you'd like; or treat yourself to any other type of food known to man. AND, you'd have the best seat in town. Until January however... just give me a call and bingo. I'll GLADLY join you for a visit to what I call Sam Walton's Wide Screen Home Theater. And... I'll even save you a seat.

No comments: