3/17/07

SPRING CLEANING

Boy, am I ever bushed. It's been Spring Cleaning around the house lately and only a while ago I woke up from a short nap I took, considerating all the exhaustion I felt. The first part, I actually didn't do myself. I had Jason come over to clean my carpets and upholstery. As for the windows and screens... I leave that to my housekeeper.

The part I tackled was my bedroom. I first washed all the window curtains. Actually, it was pretty painless. Since I myself had hung all the rods, I sort of had a heads up on how to disassemble everything rather easily. Then I stripped my bed of all the linens, including the bedskirt, egg crate foam and mattress cover. Everything got washed and I was ready to then put everything back together again.

Ever try to move a king sized mattress by yourself?? I did, once, about 3 years ago and nearly killed myself. Not only did the mattress knock me over flat on my back, but it fell smack onto my body, thereby smashing my glasses, while right on my face. Don't ask. THIS time however, as luck would have it, Barbara had stopped by. Meaning now, I at least had a two man team going. She helped me get the mattress off the bed and she held it up, as I put the laundered bed skirt over the box spring once again. Together we put the mattress back on the bed and bingo. Mission accomplished. Whew.

In the meantime, I took a look at my egg crate mattress topper and thought: you know what? It's time for an update. Even the mattress cover looked like it needed help, too. Enter: Linens N Things. TALK ABOUT AN EDUCATION. The lady in the mattress topper dept. spent at least a half hour giving me the low down on Memory Foam. Get this... the one I REALLY wanted was $300. Eeeks. Exactly how much IS memory foam worth, anyway? Well, for me, it was worth only half that amount. So, I bought it, and a new mattress cover, too and boom. I came home to remake my bed.

Which is where my nap came in. Whoa. Have any idea how much energy I expended putting together my new 2007 bedding?? Enough for me to need an old fashioned nap afterwards, that's how much. Besides, I was kind of eager to take my new bedding and linens out for a test drive, so to speak. I've got to tell you... it apparently worked like a charm! The bed and all it's new updates felt GREAT. So great, in fact, that within moments of my lying down upon it, I was snoozing like a baby.

I'm now off to shower and guess what. Then, I'll... get ready for bed! Again.

No comments: