3/23/07

STUFFED

You would think that it'd be the 14 lb. cooked turkey that was stuffed. Didn't happen that way. Instead, it's the 1XX lb. ME that's stuffed. I cooked this bird and let me tell you, when it came out of the oven, it looked ABsolutely delicious! The browned, crisp skin was cooked to a T. The meat itself was moist, with an INCREDIBLE aroma . In fact, take a look at the finished product up above. In case I didn't capture it correctly, trust me... it was so good looking that it could have been on the cover of Gourmet Magazine.

Which is why I was thinking of Pavlov's dog... the experiment whereby the dog began salivating, eventually creating the scientific response called conditional stimulation. Folks... I am here to tell you... IT WORKS!

I took one look at this stunning turkey and in no time flat, I was slicing it, tasting it and LOVING it. It was like I couldn't stop! I first had a small baby taste. Then I had a small baby slice and then the next thing I know, I'm grabbing a plate, loading it up like no tomorrow and ploping myself right smack down in front of ABC's World News Tonight. I was munching my way right up to Turkey Heaven. Which is why, you not only see the first picture up above.

You can also see the second picture. THAT picture is what the OTHER side looked like after I tore into it, thinking that Ivan Pavlov had NO clue how right he was. Can you beLIEVE it? Look how much I ate!! I swear... I am sooo stuffed right now, it's ridiculous.

What's even crazier is that I don't even LIKE turkey! In fact, during Thanksgiving Feasts, I usually bypass that part of the meal ALtogether. Instead, I head right to the stuffing, the cranberries and the green bean cassarole. To me.... that's WAY tastier than a turkey breast, a turkey leg or a turkey wing. Besides, why ruin the REAL reason for the dinner... the pecan/pumpkin pies! Now THAT'S what I call a reason to celebrate.

Therefore, if by any chance YOU like turkey please head over here immediately. I've got more turkey than I know what to do with. If you want it fresh, come by now. If you want it frozen, come by anytime you'd like. Just... PLEASE COME BY. Believe me, it's taking up way more room in my freezer than can I afford. Especially since I need a place to store the pies.

No comments: