11/22/06

C IS FOR COOKIE

I remember with a smile, days gone by, when my son would sit on my lap and together we'd watch Sesame Street. First at 9 a.m. and then again at 4 p.m. Which is why I simply adore this picture. It's so sacrilegious, that it makes me laugh right out loud to imagine how the Muppet Family could possibly feast on this. Let alone wear a smile while doing so. I myself was never a big fan of Big Bird. Nor of Oscar. Or even Bert, for that matter. For ME, I'd choose Ernie in a heartbeat. Besides, he had the best songs to sing.

But that aside, any notion of a Thanksgiving celebration where supping on Big Bird is an okay thing to depict, is to me, a humorously sick yet oh so clever an idea. I love the brains that are capable of creating this image, although granted, it's definitely pushing the envelope. I just wished I had the nerve to send this out as a Happy Thanksgiving card to everyone I know. I can't, however. I'm afraid I'll be brutalized by the PBS Association of American Parents or something.

I still have favorite songs from watching Sesame Street. And, as I mentioned, Ernie was my favorite character. He was always so happy and cheerful, so polite and so smart. Bert, on the other hand, almost needed Prozac at times. I always got the feeling that Ernie was the more wordly of the two and believe me, I'll take the more worldly over the more depressed, any day. Granted, I may be all wrong about Bert. It's just that if memory serves me (and often it doesn't) Ernie was the way more happening of the duo.

Regardless, I wish all my family and friends a very Happy Thanksgiving. I wish you a wonderful celebration, surrounded with people you love and enjoy. And, as for me, I just wish I could find my copy of FREE TO BE, YOU AND ME.

No comments: