2/27/07

AIN'T LOVE GRAND

I'm a sucker for love. And happily, I've often been lucky in love. I fall in love easily, with tremendous excitement and smiles and.... have been blessed by being loved by some of the very best. For me, falling in love is what the greatest essense of life is all about. For anyone who has never loved richly and passionately and freely and openly, I can only wish that someday they do so. NOTHING is better.

For my purposes here, however, I have to tell you about my latest love. He's about my height. He has a wonderful, pleasant face. When he approaches me, he has a smile that goes from ear to ear. He's definitely adorable and whenever I see him, I sort of jump for joy. Watching him walk towards me, I too, can't help but grin. Suffice it to say, I simply love it when I see him!

Who IS this new love of mine, you ask? Why, Myles, that's who. And, just who is this Myles?? Get this... HE'S MY LAST STUDENT OF THE DAY!! Thus, everyday, when he walks towards the classroom, I'm waiting at my door, clapping and hurrying him in, so that as soon as he and I are finished with our work I CAN GET THE HELL OUT OF SCHOOL lickety split! Everyday, I tell Myles: YIPPEE! YOU'RE MY FAVORITE STUDENT! He already knows why. Both of us are thrilled given both of us know that in a mere 5 minutes, we can pack up our belongings and kiss the day goodbye. Talk about being on the same page!

So... although Myles is a terrific kid, a great student and is becoming a lovely young man, my REAL attraction to him is that he spells freedom. Freedom to end my school day! No wonder I love him. Besides, once I get home, I can then spend all the time I want enjoying the REAL loves of my life.

No comments: