1/6/07

AM I HAVING MORE FUN??

Well, as the last American woman to do it, I finally caved in and had my hair highlighted. Four years ago, I was still a dark brunette. Three years ago, I was a much lighter brunette. Next thing I knew, about a year ago, I became a beige/brown/reddish sorta dark dirty blonde. But... no more my friend. As of this afternoon, I am SO blonde that Barbara didn't even recognize me as I came up the walk. Claudia has taken to calling me Marilyn and/or Anna Nicole. And... none of my hair scrunchies are even CLOSE to my new color.

Both Claudia and Barbara told me to go to Angie to have her give me highlights. Being an obedient sister, I did. Angie was terrific; she listened to all my hair issues and was pretty much on the same page as I. She agreed that highlights were the way to go... not low lights as Claudia wanted. I explained how I never wear my hair down... I much prefer it off my face. She agreed and told me that the way I wear it, pulled back (much to the chagrin of almost every female friend I know) was a nice, polished look for me.

Uh... until Angie blew it out, that is.

After the blowout, I showed her how it looks when worn down. In 2 seconds flat, she told me I'm not ever again allowed to wear it pulled back at the nape of the neck. IT WAS AN ORDER. She loved the "younger" looking me. Angie ALSO ordered me to wait 3 weeks before I did my roots again. So, naturally... the first thing I did when I got home was: DO MY ROOTS. I had to! I couldn't help it. Seems as if the all the hanging strands of hair were indeed highlighted and stunning to look at BUT... the roots weren't covered! And, since my whole reason for the highlighting was to cover/help my roots, I figured, tough. I'm on my own time now.I'M making the laws!

So... all I can say, after today's makeover is: 1.) this new blond look is VERY successful (although I have neither the figure of Marilyn nor the chest of Anna Nicole) 2.) everyone who's seen my new do is wild about it (Deanna will love seeing it down) 3.) I'm placing bets on whether or not I'll have more fun (Doug said he'd be happy to bed me) and 4.) only my hair dresser knows for sure!

No comments: