2/17/07

MAJOR/MINOR

I had such a great time last night. I had company for dinner honoring the visit of my cousin, Robin. It's been about 5 years since I've seen her and I was so excited about her arrival. I was thrilled when she first walked in the door. Then I was FLIPPED when I saw how much weight she lost! Wow. Now HERE'S a girl who can follow a dietary regime. Which of course is where, as much as I love Robin, we part company. Regardless, I was going on and on about how terrific she looked, what her secret was, etc. etc. I wanted all the details. Turns out she cut out all whites... flour, pasta, breads, rice, and sugar. Basically, the Sugar Buster Diet, I guess.

It was only about 37 minutes, and several topics later, that Robin kinda added another minor piece of information...
OH YEAH. I ALSO RUN 5 MILES A DAY!!

Are you KIDDING ME??? That's something to add as a mere AFTERthought??? You think that's MINOR? I nearly fell off my chair. HOW DARE YOU tell me you follow a pretty good diet, only to THEN add the part about running 5 miles a day!
I mean, come on now... the first part could easily be done. THE SECOND PART?? That takes major MARathon training!! Geez... that's kinda like the love of your life finally giving you an engagement ring and within minutes, telling you: OH. I FORGOT. I MEANT TO TELL YOU I HAD 2 CHILDREN WITH A STRANGE WOMAN, WAY BACK MY LATE TEENS. What a deal breaker THAT can be!

'Twould be better from the onset to just never mention the topic ALtogether, if you ask me. Which is why I suspect the sugar busting in MY life will have to be kept at a bare minimum. Hell, if I have to ALSO run miles and miles, I'd rather wait an extra 13 months and just let the weight come off at a much slower pace. Not to mention, simpler. On the other hand, look at Robin and then look at me.
But wait... Claudia doesn't run and SHE looks pretty damn good. I think I'll practice HER success secrets to weight control rather than Robin's. I have a feeling Claudia's will be much more to my liking. Let alone a reasonable possibility.

No comments: