6/29/07

THE ONE POUNDER

Forget about those measly Quarter Pounders, Half Pounders or even Three Quarter Pounders. You know... those hamburgers that fast food restaurants like to peddle as an excellent choice, but that in reality, is really about 4 days worth of caloric intake? Well, today I think I topped them all. Today I think I must have had an actual fully loaded ONE WHOLE POUNDER. Easily.

I went to see my Dad earlier and on the way home I was starved. I seldom eat breakfast thus by noon time I'm normally ready to down everything in sight. Today, however I was dying for a cheeseburger and was almost tempted to stop in and pick up one of those poisonous burgers at my local drive through. I thought about it and then figured today wasn't the day I felt like poisoning myself, afterall. Instead I headed home and made a real life cheeseburger all by mySELF.

And that was SOME burger I whipped up! I swear... it was HUGE thus I am so sure it must have been an entire pound of ground chuck! Which would normally of course feed an entire family of four. Uh... not in THIS household, however. In my home, it apparently feeds one.

As if the burger wasn't enough, I melted cheddar cheese on it, loaded the toasted whole wheat bread with mustard and relish and even threw in some onions for good measure. I sat down at my dining room table and DOWNED THE WHOLE DAMN THING. God it was good. And, besides, this way I didn't have to have it "broiled, not fried". I had it cooked to a perfect medium rare which is way better than N.C.'s ruling whereby all hamburgers ordered out are mandated to be cooked at well-done or more.

Oh... and by the way... if ever you TOO decide to eat one of these hefty man type meals, don't plan on doing anything else for the rest of the day. YOU'LL BE TOO DAMN FULL for the rest of your life. In fact, you won't be able to move. Kinda like me. Which is why I finished lunch, put in an Adam Sandler movie, laid down in bed to view it and then bingo. Napped for a good two hours! Oh, and by the way... this is the third time I've watched this movie. Each time I've tried to watch it, I view for about 20 minutes and boom. The next you know, I'm FAST asleep. Which basically means this two hour movie for YOU turns out to be about a 10 hour movie for ME.

No comments: