6/15/07

THIS AND THAT

I wished I had something extraordinary to write about today, but the fact is... there's absolutely nothing of any sort of interest whatsover, about which I can share. So... either two things can happen. 1.) I can end the entry right here and now, wasting neither your time nor mine or 2.) I can write an entry, but one that is totally and completely mundane. Lucky you... I think I'll choose option 2.

a.) I'm freaked that while doing yoga a week ago, I apparently pulled a muscle in the back of my thigh and eeeks... IT STILL HURTS. Regardless, I've continued doing yoga each day, all the while, kind of praying the ache would mysteriously go away. But alas, the pain had only traveled further down my leg. Thus... for the first time in YEARS, I took a hot bath last night, hoping the moist heat would help ease the supposed muscle strain. Afterwards, I climbed into bed, turned on the TV and placed a heating pad under my leg. For added strength, I also downed two Advil. Guess what? IT WORKED. I woke up today and boom. As of yet, NO PAIN. Yippee.

b.) As we speak, I am listening to Court TV, which is airing the Mike Nifong trial. Which I figure is a waste of energy. Instead, defrock the guy of his license to practice and boom. It's over lickety split, with an outcome he justly deserves. And by the way.... while doing that, pardon Scooter Libby, please. He so doesn't deserve to do time. Dick Cheney, on the other hand?? Hang HIM. Actually, instead, merely shoot George Bush. Bingo. Poetic justice is in place.

c.) EEEKS. On Sunday, Dad's dog returns to live with me. For almost a month, no less. I can't decide which part I hate more. Claudia's going away for so long; or my having to walk the dog three times a day. If I had to choose, I guess I'd choose Claudia remaining here in lieu of heading to Australia. Which actually, would alleviate the dog problem 1-2-3.

d.) Lastly, I never before laid eyes on Ruth Graham, Billy's wife. But as soon as I saw her picture yesterday, I decided she must have been a really special woman. First of all, she was wild for her hubby. Always a good sign. More importantly, she basically said HONEY... YOU GO DO YOUR MINISTRY. I'LL STAY HOME AND TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING KNOWN TO MANKIND. AND... I'LL AWAIT YOUR ARRIVAL BACK HERE, WELCOMING YOU WITH OPENED ARMS. No wonder Billy was crazy about her. Talk about the wife of the century! Secondly, I'm thinking that Billy must not have been so excellent in the kissing department. In an interview I heard, Ruth said that the first time he kissed her (is it possible it wasn't until they were engaged?? I heard correctly??) she felt like she was being swallowed up by Billy's kiss. Uh oh. Not a rave review, if you ask me. Which I'm thinking, means only one thing: no swallowing on HER part, if you get my drift. Of course, good kisser or not. Who can blame her?

No comments: