6/23/07

WIFE BEATERS

Well...wait a minute. I don't really mean wife beaters. Instead, I mean the white ribbed cotton undershirt and/or tank tops that, according to my kid, a lot of wife beaters WEAR. Especially while drinking their beers. You see them there, up above. Apparently they shout "stereotype".

They also shout: My New Favorite Summer Clothing. The days are becoming way hot here thus, given my aversion to heated temps of 80 degrees plus, this undershirt look has become my staple while hanging around the house. And, while hopping into bed, too. Talk about comfy! I wear this top with a pair of my panties and boom. I'm dressed for the day. Any day I'm sticking close to home, that is.

Ever since the summer temps arrived, I've sorta adopted a whole new game plan. STAY COOL. Even if I have to run out to my front porch, my outside patio or my outdoor garbage can, for that matter. Rather than throwing on more discreet clothing, I run LIKE A BAT OUTTA HELL to do whatever it is outside and pray like mad that no one will spot me. Wearing of course, nothing but my newly appointed uniform. So far, my luck has held out.

I even decided to go high tech in a couple of the looks. I have not only the clinic white color, but I also have them in grey and in black, too. I'm like cooking up a whole wardrobe, here. Get this... I even dyed a couple to match the color of some summer linen slacks I have, so that I can wear the matching colored pants/undershit under a multi-colored light weight jacket. The dye job worked like a charm, I might add. You'd almost think it was some sort of pricey outfit. Creative thinking, yes??

Anyway, I love the comfort of these deals. No WONDER men wore them as undershirts for all those years. Do they even DO that anymore? Actually, I guess they must, given there is a HUGE department in the stores relegated to just these kinds of items. Right next to the briefs and boxers, if you must know. Which makes me think... if the men's undershirts are so damn comfortable, can you even imagine what the undies must be like?? Uh... let's hope I never personally find out.

No comments: