6/27/07

THE OTHER LIZ

See this picture? Know who it is?? I didn't. Which is pretty surprising, given I've worn a LOT of her clothing. She's Liz Claiborne and it simply astounds me that I would NEVER have recognized her right of the bat. Liz Taylor, yes. Liz Claiborne, no way. In fact, I don't EVER remember seeing a picture of her anywhere. I've been living in some sort of cave?? Eeks.

In the meantime, Liz died today. And, get this... this is a pretty recent picture of her. AT 79 YEARS OLD, NO LESS!! Wow. Now here's what I'd like to look like at that age, for sure! Obviously, she's had a face lift or two. NO one at 79 looks that good! Not only that, you can see lickety split that the woman had style. No wonder. She also had ZILLIONS.

Apparently Liz's line was originally created for the working women of the 70's. It was pretty much during that era that women were heavily entering the work force, thus needed a fashionable career wardrobe. Boom. A phenomenon is born. In fact, one of the best things I liked about The Liz Biz was the fact that she was amongst the first to create a look for those in Specialty Sizes. MAjor points for THAT kind of vision, if you ask me. And, many thanks.

I could EASILY spot Coco Channel. Calvin Klein, Donna Karan and Karl Lagerfield, too. But, Liz Claiborne? Absolutely no way. Not until today, that is. And, I have to admit... I'm pretty damn glad that FINALLY I now know what she looked like. Geez... why did I never before even do a Google search on her? Oh well.

So... today's entry is basically an educational one. For, after reading this, now you TOO can know what Liz actually looked like. Aren't you glad I'm into teaching? As for me... I'm just glad that after all these years, I'm into her Misses Sizes. So long Lizzie... it's been great wearing you.

No comments: