7/4/07

REGULAR KINDA GAL

About two months ago, I found a new favorite fruit. Pitted Prunes. They're so easy to keep in the refrigerator and ever so handy to just reach in and grab one whenever I feel the need for a bite of something tasty. My perfect requirement for snacking. Open the door... scout the contents... boom! grab something fast and easy. Plus, the prunes taste pretty delicious, if I say so myself. Well, okay. Not QUITE as good as potato chips dipped in chipolte sauce, but then again... not as caloric, either.

In the meantime, because of this new found snack food, I've decided that I'm now the most regular woman this side of the Mississippi. You wouldn't believe it. Trust me... this prune deal definitely lives up to its reputation. And, according to the cardboard canister container, these prunes are actually way better for you than blueberries, which as of late are touted as one of THE most healthy foods you possibly can eat. In fact, if you have any downtime, check out this site.
Sunsweet Nutrition. See for yourself that I'm actually onto something, here.

Which is a good thing, since I'm thinking that then, I'm killing two birds with one stone. As in: eating something major healthy which can then counter balance any bite of a Snicker's Bar that I may also be popping in my mouth sometime during the day. Kind of like a give and take sort of deal.

The funny thing is, that eating prunes in any other fashion is so not for me. I'd never think to do cooked or heated prunes. I RARELY would ever grab a prune pastry. And, I certainly would never ruin my favorite peanut butter sandwich with prune jelly. For THAT, I'd use cherry, blackberry or raspberry only. By the way, you would never beLIEVE how many Moroccan recipes for instance, include prunes, raisins, apricots, etc.


The other funny thing is, that while up until two months ago, I never really ate prunes, I DID on the other hand, always eat plums. Which is strange, since prunes are nothing other than dried plums. And I LOVE plums. Especially the small reddish ones that are now in the grocery stores. Often I'll grab a couple at bedtime, plop into bed and enjoy a fruity sort of midnight snack.

So basically, yes... I'm pretty much your normal, run of the mill kind of lady living right next door to almost anyone. Except that now... I'm ALso your pretty regular kind of gal. Granted... more info than you really want to know, but a good way to end this entry, nonetheless.

No comments: