6/3/07

LIVID

I am furious. I am pissed. I'm also ready to blow my brains out. I just KNEW this was going to happen and I'm so damn mad, I can't tell you. Trust me... just be happy you're not with me right now. You'd see a side of me that doesn't occur very often but when it DOES, boy, you'd better step back.

What's also freaking me out is the REASON I'm so livid. It's a crazy one, I know, and you're going to tell me I'm outta my mind for being so pissed over something so silly. Actually, you're right. I AM outta my mind. But, not for the silliness of being so upset, but INSTEAD, because get this... my DAMN DVD WON'T GO BACK TO THE TV MODE. Quick. Get me the sledge hammer. I'm ready to bust the DVD player AND the TV into sheer smithereens. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know I shouldn't be so angered about such a stupid thing, but I AM FURIOUS nonetheless. I WANT MY TV BACK! On the double, too!

Plus, I just KNEW when my kid originally set it all up for me, the DVD and TV would work PERFECTLY while he was still here. Now that he's back at home, hundreds of miles away, EVERYTHING'S ALL SCREWED UP and I have NO F-ING CLUE HOW TO FIX IT. What a surprise. I've pushed every damn button known to man on every remote I have and STILL nothing is bringing my TV back. Sh#t. This is SO not the way I wanted to spend my evening.

Oh... and the caveat to it all?? Earlier I spoke to my kid, having had a perfectly wonderful conversation. Happy and carefree. Yippee. It was great speaking to you. Yada yada yada. But... a half hour later, when I called him to plead for techie help... NO DAMN ANSWER ON HIS PHONE!! He turned the friggin' thing off!!! Am so telling you... someone from up above must have given him a head's up. QUICK. AS A MEASURE OF SELF SURVIVAL, TURN OFF YOUR PHONE! ANY MINUTE NOW, A CRAZY ASS, RAVING LUNATIC OF A MOTHER IS GOING TO BE CALLING!! RUN FOR COVER.


Oh yeah... as a measure of my OWN self survival, by the way, I turned to a much better tactic. I turned to... what else... EATING EVERY DAMN THING I COULD POSSIBLY GET MY HANDS ON. Oh... and, for an added touch, ABSOLUTELY NONE OF IT FILLED ME UP. I could easily keep stuffing my anger for the next 17 hours, and I'll bet I'd STILL be searching the cupboards, freezer and refrigerator. Geez. I'm so over the edge.

Bottom line? Now I've got TWO freakin' events making me nothing short of psychotic. The first, of course... the TV deal. And now, the second... not being able to reach my kid. Crap. I'm so not smiling. Apparently, I'm also not watching TV as I fall asleep tonight.

No comments: