6/21/07

AIN'T LOVE GRAND

I live in a city that has a pretty popular playhouse and last weekend I went there to see a play. The play was CINDERELLA and I have to admit, at first I wasn't all that crazy about going. But, as it happens, it turned out to be not only a perfectly wonderful way to spend the evening, but also, a once in a lifetime event. Here's why....

As you can imagine, it's a sweet, romantic play, very much according to the story we all know, with the wicked step mother, the ugly, mean step sisters and of COURSE, Prince Charming. Thus, a perfect stage for anything concerning true love. Which is what I so loved about what occurred before the performance even began.

After the audience was seated, a guy came out onto the stage, along with two other people. A man and a woman... in their 30's, maybe. The guy told us something about the connection the young man and/or his family had with the beginings of the playhouse. But since it wasn't the REAL part of the play, I basically paid only mild attention. Then, THANKfully, I woke up and took notice of what was happening. The first guy handed the second guy the microphone so he could say a few words and THEN, he said he had something else to say, as well.

Next thing I know, the man turns to the woman and get this... GETS DOWN ON BENDED KNEE!! The play's court jester came walking out with a STUNNING glass slipper on a purple velvet pillow while another jester was blowing on a LONNNNG regal horn. The guy pulled out a small ring box from his pocket and PROPOSED TO THE WOMAN, RIGHT THERE ON STAGE! Obviously taking both the woman AND the audience by complete surprise! It was so fabulous, you can't believe it. Boy. Am I ever a sucker for romance. Naturally, the Bride to Be was shocked, thrilled and teary eyed. I was too, actually... this was SO romantic and so up my alley. And, simply brilliant timing by the Groom. Talk about a great way to remember your engagement night!

I myself was proposed to twice in my life. I can barley remember the details of the first proposal and only KINDA remember the second. But trust me. NEITHER of them held the romantic quality this Prince Charming of a Guy's did when he popped the question last weekend. If this is any sort of indication as to what the rest of their life as a happily romantic couple is to be, then boy, is SHE ever a lucky woman! I see soft candle light, fragrant rose petals and beautiful lavender scents all OVER the place for these two people.

Which I hope they enjoy to the Nth degree, since I've been down this road a time or two before. Thus I can almost bet you one thing for sure... these beautifully romantic nights change almost as fast as you can say: 1-2-3 CHILDREN! Which I guess makes this proposal so wonderful... these two young lovers will ALWAYS have this fantastic memory to recall, forever and ever. Especially when they're no longer saying: I DO. For, in it's place, trust me... they're almost certain to be replacing it with: BECAUSE I SAID SO. And they lived happily ever after.

No comments: