11/7/08

WELL, WELL, WELL!

What'd ya know... HE WON!! And, he won BIG, I might add. I can't tell you how THRILLED I am with Obama's majority victory. As I've stated many times before, since the day he announced his candidacy... I've been a intensely committed Obama supporter. And while I was amongst the very first of all those I know, I am happy to say that by election day, most everyone voted right along with me. YIPPEE.

What a historic moment it was, when at 11:00, the winning announcement was made. I WAS JUBILANT. So were the others who joined me for a wonderful Election Night Dinner on Tuesday night. We had fun, we had celebration and we had plenty of champagne, too. Although, I have to admit... I was just a bit nervous there for a little while. Way too many states were going Red for my comfort zone but in the end, Blue was showing up like no tomorrow. And, where Blue really MATTERED, too. Whew.

I could list a zillion reasons why Obama deserved to win, but highest on my list is the fact that FINALLY we have in him, a true, blue LEADER for our country. Not merely a politician who just wants hold the highest office of the land. I have every reason to believe Obama will be a President whose biggest concern is that of actually LEADing our country and creating policies for our country, so that in fact, we fulfill all the potential of which our government is capable. AND... doing so with integrity, respectability and honor. SO not like that of our outgoing idiot.

Number two on my list of why Obama deserved to win, was so we could all be spared of having to... God forbid... look at McCain for four years. Just listening to him speak, puts me to sleep in a second. Besides, he is so living in the last decade. His ideas, his policies, and his pulse on what's really happening in our country, basically reminded me of a guy who is surely stuck in past. I can't COMpletely fault him for that however, since he IS sorta old. But... I can fault him for thinking that, given his lack of understanding in how radically different the world is today, he didn't accept the idea that maybe his time had come and passed. Oh yeah... and I also fault him for selecting THE most unqualified candidate for Vice President. But, that's another matter altogether.


Regardless... all that matters not anymore. McCain DIDN'T win, and instead, we now have dignity restored not only in our country, but all around the world, as well. Obama's campaign was flawless... and that was no accident, my friend. How COULD you lose when you deliberately surround yourself with the best brains in their respective fields?? I salute our country for their extraordinary courage in looking past race so we could elect a President with a brilliant ability to execute, anticipate and prognosticate. Now THERE'S a novel idea, huh?

I'm not saying Obama is a Governing Messiah, for I am sure he's going to screw SOMEthing up along the way. But, if you ask me... he's practically the next best thing to one. And lastly... hats off to every person of color who has suffered the ugly pain of discrimination, humiliation and confrontation due to the mere color of their skin. Our new President has turned an historical page indeed, in the astounding book of America. I so hope Martin Luther King is up there, smiling from ear to ear. God knows, I am.

No comments: