11/18/08

SWEEEEET

For a long time now, my family has been sort of implying that I'm a loser, given I didn't have a DRV. I was told it would change my life. Forever. I never really fell for it, though, given my TV life was rather bland anyway. Therefore, I never felt the urgent need to incur the cost of buying the pricey DVR and then, of course, the monthly fee. Turns out the monthly fee is peanuts. Not the DVR, however. So the other day, when I had to make a call to Direct TV, I caved in and inquired about this fancy schmancy DVR machine. I began with the assumption that they need to sweeten the pot in order for me to remain with their satellite company, especially since I'm forever bombarded by OTHER companies to lean their way. Not wanting to lose a fabulous customer, I must tell you that I've asked for and received every single time, great promotions free of cost. But, THIS time, I suggested that to keep me... they offer me the wonderful gift of a DVR. Right off the bat, I was told that this little add on was a $200 purchase, but they'd be a sport and give it to me for $99. They should only know that I was this far from saying OKAY. Buttttt... in the next breath, the lady told me... WELL, TELL YOU WHAT. WE'LL GIVE IT TO YOU FREE, BUT YOU NEED TO PAY THE $19.95 INSTALLATION FEE. Uh... gee... let me think here a moment. Free DVR or no free DVR. For a mere $19.95?? Hmmm... uh... OKAY!! YOU WIN. I'LL TAKE IT!! Which brings me to this morning. Brent, a Direct TV technician was here and GUESS WHAT?? I'm no longer living in cave man days, after all! I have now, yet ANOTHER technological toy and boy am I ever going to love it! Better yet, I actually know HOW to operate this toy and I am so telling you... I think I'm going to be a believer from here on out. This deal is WAY cool. Even better... as I do with every technician, I asked Brent if he ever moonlights. Meaning, I get his professional know how, but for at least, only half the cost. Which is great should I ever want other goodies added to the installations. Boom... not only does Brent moonlight, but he ALSO lets you name the price for his expertise. How great is THAT?? Thus... guess what. For a really cheapo cost, Brent will be here tomorrow to hook up my phone line from my crawl space under the house to the digital box, thus allowing me to order Pay Per View movies right smack on the TV screen. FOR FREE! YIPPEE. Good bye computer orders. I'm now doing it right from the comforts of my most wonderful bed. Or couch. Or wherever. I am so telling you... looks like I'll never have to leave my house ever again. All the entertainment I'll ever need could easily be conveniently wrapped around the invention of DVRs. Oh yeah... I also asked Brent about my need for a digital battery operated TVs for impending power outages. The guy's brilliant... He told me to call Radio Shack, which I did, and sure enough. For a mere $200 I can own one!! Which makes me think... okay. I get the DVR for free. Excellent. But, NOW, I have to take that savings and in no time at all, will have to spend it on the emergency TV! Oh man... does this NEVER end? Gives a whole new meaning to what goes in, must come out.

No comments: