11/18/08

SUNDAE ON MONDAY

I went to an interesting birthday party last night. You could call it a DINNER party of sorts except, get this... the entree was A FABULOUS HOT FUDGE SUNDAE! Or any other ice cream treat you selected. Great concept, huh? It was Wilma's birthday and she decided to host a party at her favorite gourmet ice cream parlor. What could be bad? Then, she decided it to do it around dinner time. Even better, right? You can be sure that THIS entree was right up my alley. I walked into the party plenty cold, by the way. THERE'S CRAZY ASS TEMPS AROUND HERE all of a sudden. Anyway, I said hi to everyone who, by the way, ALREADY had their entrees in hand, given I fell asleep on the sofa and was like almost the last to arrive. Regardless, I walked all around the ice cream display cases and yummy... settled on a dish of chocolate chip ice cream for my salad and rich chocolate ice cream for my main dish, with nuts and hot fudge as my veggies. MAN, WAS IT GOOD. I chit chatted with everyone and had a great time. How could you NOT?. Some even took the bold step of actually have a REAL dinner at home first, but not me. I decided to lay all my calories right smack on the ice cream line. Which of course is why I opted for the second scoop. Variety IS the spice of life, you know. We even had fabulous party favors... artistic hand painted leather goods from a local artist in the city. Kinda like a small leather pouch that easily fits into your pocketbook. Perfect for carrying credit cards, lets say. Also in the party bag were several candies... so up my alley. Now really... isn't this a terrific idea for a celebration?? Oh... but THIS part may turn out to the MAJOR pay off. On top of the display cabinet stood a HUGE all chocolate Santa Claus. Like maybe 30 inches tall and 14 inches wide. Really big, is all I know for sure. Next to Santa were pads of papers upon which customers were to fill in their names, etc. for the annual drawing to see who wins this tasty St. Nick. Care to guess how many slips of paper I FILLED OUT?? Think: 10! As you can see, I like to beat the odds. And since everyone else filled in just one, I'm thinking I'm on top, by like ten to one. Trust me... if I win... you'll hear all about it. With that... Happy Birthday Wilma and many thanks for spiffy evening! Oh yeah... of course all this begs the REAL question, however. One that a friend of mine asked, as a matter of fact. If a hot fudge sundae was my entree... uh... what's up for DESSERT??

No comments: