11/15/08

BOOTED OUT

I had a pretty good day today. No wonder... I spent lots of money. Some of it on items I don't REALLY need. And some of it on things I don't really need BUT would surely like to have.

Enter: my new winter boots. As it happens, I do have boots with a small, delicate, little high heel on them . And,I love wearing them. Especially if I want to give my outfit just a bit of spiffy femininity. It definitely ratchets up the look a level or two.

On the other hand, I've been thinking for several months now... what I REALLY need is a pair of stunning new winter boots, BUT... with an almost flat heel. One that sports a sort of elegant look, but without appearing like a high heel. Oh yeah... and ones that come up over the calf. Enter: today's purchase.

You can grab a peek at my newest purchase right up there in the picture. They look GREAT, don't they?? I can't even TELL you how much I love them. TALK ABOUT COMFY. And stylish. And, discounted, too, I might add. I have them on right now as a matter of fact. With a pair of my uniform gaucho pants. It looks so great. Day wear OR night wear.


When buying them, by the way, I first tried on another flat heeled boot, but one that reached only below calf level. I just couldn't make up my mind which pair I should walk away with. UH... PROBLEM SOLVED. I bought BOTH. One pair for slacks, one for skirts and/or gaucho pants. Yet both meeting my requirements for a flat heeled look.

In closing, I guess I should thank Joanne... the saleslady who MIRACULOUSLY found each style in my correct size. I am SOOOO not used to finding just what I want, just when I want it. But, thanks to Joanne, bingo. I had two fabulous styles that are as comfortable as you could ever imagine. And, damn nice looking, too. So... in case Joanne's boss is reading this, do me a favor and GIVE HER A RAISE, PLEASE. She so deserves it!!

No comments: