11/1/08

OBI ONE ADORBIE

See this Pug?? Couldn't you just eat him up?? He's THE cutest thing you've ever seen!! So much so, that as soon as I saw him, I knew I had to have him. He is by FAR the best pet ever. He's so perfect, I just can't stand it.

Long story short... I was early for a luncheon date, so went browsing through some stores and bingo. I saw Obi. (will tell you how I named him later) In the meantime, I took one look at him and was smitten. Bingo. It was a done deal. And, what, you ask, makes him so damn fabulously perfect?? Get this... he needs no shots, never needs walking, doesn't even need feeding and will never ever stain my carpets. HUH?? HOW??

Easy... he's a product of Sandicast, a company that makes EXACT replicas of life size, realistically painted breeds of dogs! I mean it... it's like unbelievable! You would NEVer know Obi isn't real. Well... until you try to pet him, that is. Or talk to him. Or say: FETCH! BUT... regardless, it doesn't matter... he is STILL the cutest dog I've ever seen.

I was lying in bed last night, knowing that I REALLY wanted to find a perfect name for my Pug. I was thinking... geez... I'd love to name him Obama, or something. And then it came to me. Pugs are originally from China... China is near Japan... my mother's ancestors are Japanese... women in Japan wear kimonos... AND... kimonos are held together by stunning obis!! BINGO...THAT'S IT! OBI!! Man... I can't TELL you how happy the name makes me.

Better yet, obis are the most important part of the kimono ensemble and indeed, this is a dog of importance. Besides, I love looking at and feeling the sensually beautiful silk fabrics used for kimonos and obi sashes. So basically... the name met all my requirements and let me tell you... I am one happy pet owner! WHO KNEW?

Of course now, I am comPLETEy freaked since all day long, all I could think was: maybe I should get a REAL pug. A message from powers above, perhaps? OH MY GOD... PLEASE DON'T LET ME CAVE. I so don't want the responsibility of a real pooch. On the other hand, maybe Obi wants a brother or sister. I'll never know though, since if I start hearing Obi say ARF, ARF, I'll be in waaaaay deeper trouble than I am already.

No comments: