10/7/07

RECORD HIGHS

And, I'm not talking the sort of highs I REALLY enjoy, either. These highs refer to the SUMMER TEMPS that are still hanging around this city!! It's crazy! In fact, according to the guy I just heard on TV, we are warmer now than what temps normally reach on LABOR DAY! Huh?? Summer never ends?? What's going on? Maybe I shouldn't run out so fast, and buy a decent fitting winter coat AFTERall.

Which is also crazy. I already have plenty of coats, but get this... every coat I wore last winter NO LONGER FITS. I know, I know... good news, bad news. But lordy, lordy... NEVER in my entire life did I actually have to go out and buy a completely new wardrobe. Certainly not for shirts, anyway. Well, guess what... I do NOW. In fact, I even have to go out and buy decent fitting THIGH HIGHS! My 14 thousand others, no longer stay up! Better yet... after years and years of wearing an 8.5 shoe... eeeks, I'm now buying size 8's! Man oh man... PROMise me I'll not have to actually replace SHOES, too! One/two winter coats is one thing... but a billion pairs of shoes??? Uh... I don't think so.

Of course, if autumn is never going to come, then maybe winter won't either. I'll just have to wait and see. But, trust me on this... temps in the 80s during October is waaaay unnatural. In fact, it almost makes me think of Halloween in South Florida. Not only was it sure to rain every year, BUT it was sure to also be a cool 88 degrees.

Oh yeah... one last thing. I did an interesting thing the other day. Almost every nightgown I own, is floor length. So, get this.... I have one whose design I really really don't like. But, on the other hand, I couldn't bring myself to literally throw it out. SO... know what I did? I cut off the bodice, sewed on an elastic waistband and BINGO. I now have a very interesting mid calf skirt! How's THAT for recycling?? Ecologists would be so proud.

No comments: