10/9/07

OISHII

Ever see that word before? Know what it means? Well then... today you're going to learn something new. Oishii is the Japanese word for: delicious. And, I'm so telling you, the dinner I had last night at a Japanese restaurant was indeed OISHII!

Who would have ever thought that in this little baby town in which I reside, I'd find such a remarkably fabulous gourmet Japanese restaurant?? It's incredible. So incredible in fact, that on any day I know that I'll be dining there, I begin salivating at about noon. And, I know exactly what I'm going to order. It's like an addiction. A delicious addiction.

There are several other foods I absolutely love. And, guess what. Tonight, I'm actually going to be eating one of them! I am wild about cherry cheesecake. And along with a REAL hot pastrami sandwich, it's unfortunately, a food that can not be found anywhere in my town. Well, none that is, that I'D call a cheesecake, anyway. But.. tonight is going to be a great delight for me. Because, in a few minutes I'll be headed over to Sue's house... and Sue makes a MAJOR oishii cheesecake. Yippee! In fact, I'm almost tempted to forgo the appetizers and entrees altogether and jump right into the dessert. Trust me... it wouldn't be the first time. I'm very excited because the last time I had Sue's cheesecake I actually TOOK A PICTURE OF IT. I had to. It was like the size of an outdoor kiddie pool! Man, did I love it.


Bottom line: I love cherry cheesecake just much as I love the Wasabi Prawns at the Japanese restaurant. In fact, I love ALL exceptional foods that dance upon my taste buds. True, I'm crazy about hamburgers and hot dogs, meatloaf and BLT's. But on the other hand, I DO know fine food when I see it. And I know fine food when I eat it. It's a mere talent of mine. Thus, I definitely know what's oishii and what isn't.

No comments: