6/20/08

BARF, BARF

I swear to God... this is the second time today I looked out my front window and saw two separate people walking their dog. With... however... not the dog on all fours, struttin' down the street, like you'd normally expect. BUT... are you ready for this??... with their precious little pooches actually sitting upright, catching all the views, happy as a lark IN A BABY STROLLER!!! I am absolutely stunned. The PEOPLE are walking. The DOGS were relaxing like hell, as if on a sightseeing tour!! I swear... I couldn't believe my eyeballs! WHEN DID ALL THIS BEGIN?? This is a new trend?? Oh my God... this so blows my mind.

Now, I realize.... there are ZILLIONS of people who absolutely adore their dogs as if they were real babies. I, myself, can't hook into this sort of feeling, but whatever. I have friends who cook for their pets, sleep with their pets, travel with their pets, put animal diapers on their pets, and do God knows what else for their pets. The list goes on and on. As for ME... you'd so never see me crossing such lines between two legged children and four legged ones. To think I'd even allow shedding in my house, is beyond my imagination. TO SLEEP WITH A PET?? Oh my God... you'd have to shoot me before I'd do anything like that.

BUT, TO PUT THE DOG IN A STROLLER?? Are you kidding me???? Forget about saying to the dog YOU WANT TO FOR A WALK and then grab the leash. We're now talking about asking: YOU WANT TO GO FOR A STROLL?? Okay. Jump into the carriage! Actually, I was dying to run out the front door and say to the people: WHOA. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?? But, since I'm so not into creating major enemies with my neighbors, I figured I had best keep my big mouth shut.

Exactly how the dog is able to actually GO FOR A WALK, to do what he's supposed to do on a walk, I have no clue. Promise me there's no elimination hole the stroller so the doggie can complete his mission as if he were on an airplane, whereby everything just flushes out into thin air. Which brings me to wonder... like how many nights, do you think those who stroll their dogs, rather than walk them, are awakened at 2:00 a.m., only to find the lovely little canine tugging at them, asking to be taken out?? After all, he/she didn't get a chance earlier, when they SHOULD have had one, given the stroller deal.

Man, this is so weird. Talk about sitting in the lap of luxury! Trust me... I should be treated so royally! Which only makes me think: arf, arf, for them... has definitely turned into barf, barf, for me.

No comments: