6/12/08

TRADEMARK TOOTH

When I was in my early 20's and supermodels were becoming THE thing in fashion, I fell in love with two icons in the fashion industry. One was Calvin Klein, probably the foremost modern American women's designer and the other was Lauren Hutton, the angel of the runway. I don't actually remember Lauren modeling for Calvin, per se, but she was just sooo beautiful that at one point in the late 70's, I actually had a picture of her on my refrigerator... obviously, way before the period I began hanging my kid's artwork on it.

In the picture, Lauren had her hair parted down the middle, pulled back at the neck, just like I wore my own hair for years and years and years. She was also sporting a pair of stunning, simple pearl earrings and her infamous trademark... a removable capped tooth. Lauren's REAL teeth have a major gap in the center front, so boom. The cap was employed. Man, was she ever a looker.

Then, just the other day, I saw a picture of Lauren, now 61, at some awards show, where she was presented with something or other. EEEEEEEKS. I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW SHE'S AGED! Sh#t.... even I almost look better. What the hell happened to her??? Granted, she mentioned how she hadn't had any sleep for 46 hours straight, but Jesus... give me a break. Even without sleep I had no clue Lauren could look like she did. I swear... something weird is happening here. Lauren even has her own line of makeup nowadays, not to mention a well touted interest in a lot fabulous sex... two items that DEFinitely brings a glow to one's face. Man, all I cant say is: I'M SHOCKED.


Oh yeah... I COULD have included a picture of Lauren with this entry, but I decided to go another route. Instead, I went with a shot of Calvin's mens' underwear, which as we all know are THE hottest advertisements in the country. In fact, they are so hot, I decided to include two. Uh... you can thank me later. Care to guess how many images I had to view via the net, just to settle upon these?? Trust me... HOURS. Of course, they were the best damn hours I've spent in a LONG time. Yeah, yeah, I SHOULD have shown you how crappy Lauren looks, but come on, now. These picts are WAY easier on the eyes.

No comments: