6/17/08

SWEETEST DREAMS

I realized, this afternoon, as I walking from the store... I have an obsession. Actually, it's not my ONLY obsession, granted, but it's one I never before knew I had.

For the umpteenth million time, I bought the MOST beautiful bed linens ever. Especially perfect for summer. For some reason, no matter how many complete sets of spreads, comforters, duvet covers, sheets, pillow cases, shams, and throw pillows I have, should I see ANOTHER beautiful set, boom. I have to buy it. Mainly because, I LOVE it so much! What? Me deprive myself of something I love?? Surely you jest.

Today was such a day whereby my inability to deprive myself kicked in. I wasn't PLANNING on buying a new bed set, but once I saw it, I just had to have it. It met all my requirements: silk like satin to the touch, lightweight enough for summer use, stunning color combinations, and soothing to look at. Uh... notice I never once mentioned price. Like that even MATTERS? Unfortunately, if it makes me shine, I never give price a second thought.

Anyway, today I bought the bed set you see up above. The picture can't POSSIBLY do it justice, but I it love to no end. I couldn't WAIT to get home and put it on my bed. Better yet, I can't WAIT to climb into bed tonight! I'm especially looking forward to the sheets. They are sooooo smooth and comfy, it's going to be fabulous. Of course, I'm already freaked at just the THOUGHT of the first time I have a major food spill on the linens. Just what I need... mustard and ketchup staining this wonderful ensemble for the rest of my life.

Which means... maybe I should make a rule: Never eat, smoke or drink in my bed. EEEEKS. Who the hell could ever follow THOSE kind of rules?? Oh man... this is going to be some commitment, I see. On the other hand, tonight is such an utterly amazing evening... temperatures in mid 70's, breezes aplenty, full moon ... that sleeping in my new bed is going to feel so luxurious and sensual. Thus I think that by default, I BETTER make that commitment, after all.

Bottom Line?? I had better hurry up and finish the load of the previous fabulous linens that are now in the wash. Then I need do my yoga, take my shower and whammo! HOP INTO BED! Ahhhh... no wonder I love sleeping so much.

No comments: