6/9/08

A CUT ABOVE

So... after months and months of letting my hair grow, I decided it was time to get a haircut. Normally, I do this little tidbit of grooming all by myself. But then again, I also know when to let others do it. Enter: Angie. I needed her expertise, considering I wanted to not only have a stunning cut, but I also wanted to have slight layering and that I KNOW is not in my realm of possibilities. Angie, on the other hand is a major pro at such stuff.

When I called for an appointment, Angie couldn't take me, until a day later. Which meant I had to use all my energies to not break down and snip away at everything myself before Angie got to it. Unfortunately, patience is not high on my list. Yesirree... I am one of those people who are basically into wanting what I want, when I want, how I want, if you catch my drift. Thus, I had to use as much self control as humanly possible, to stay calm and collected and await Angie's professional abilities to do the deed.

In the meantime, THERE IT IS! The finished the product. See it in the pict?? According to Angie, it's what she calls "sassy". HUH?? Me sassy?? Man, is SHE ever thinking I'm someone I'm not. In the meantime, two inches are now gone and I'm so telling you... I am thrilled to no end. Especially since there is a MAJOR heat wave here and having my hair hanging down, upon my neck is a real killer. Oh yeah... which reminds me... given the heat, I haven't been out of my house in 4 days. I HATE THE HEAT. Which of course is why I left South Florida, who now is touting temperatures lower than where I am! Can you imagine?? What the hell's going on, anyway? What ever happened to those COOOOOL summer temps in the North Carolina mountains??

Regardless, am happy to say I love my short hair. I also love that I'm no longer blowing it out. I'm taking the lazy ass route... washing it, putting major globs of glue like gel in it, and scrunching it up like mad. Voila! The fly away, curly, outta control, SASSY look. Or... maybe just simply outta control. Matters not what I call it, however, for whatever attempt I make in stlying my hair, you can almost be assured that it's DEFinitely going to be the LAZY look... way more my style of choice.

No comments: