12/3/07

RUNNING THE WORLD

I was thinking earlier, that given all the calls I've made in the past week, all the scheduling I've arranged, all the people with whom I've met, all the decisions I made, and all the directives I've had to pass out... I am now a perfect candidate to run the entire world. Or... at least part of it. Am so telling you... my head and body are f-ing fried!

Yes, I've had a lot of help in the actual physical part of the move, but believe you me... it was accomplished like clockwork, only because I ran this show like a brilliant expert! I deserve MAjor medals for this deal, if I say so myself. Consequently, should you ever want to ante one up in my honor, I will GLADly accept it. AND... THE FINAL AWARD, FOR RUNNING THE WORLD SO EFFICIENTLY AND WITH SUCH EXPERTISE....GOES TO... UH... LINDA! COME ON UP, LINDA, AND CLAIM YOUR PRIZE! Gee, Okay. Thanks! And, trust me, I shan't throw in any sort of political agenda during my acceptance speech. Instead, I'll probably merely reiterate how much I deserve it. Nice humility, don't you think?

Oh yeah... I have a question. WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON, ANYWAY? Literally. i need to know...what IS going on in the world? I HAVE NO CLUE given it's been five days since I been able to watch TV. Just as promised, the satellite tech arrived here last Friday to hook up the dish. Uh... guess what. The house is wired for cable only. NEWS FLASH: if you buy a new home, be SURE the high def wires are already in place!! Consequently, the electrician is here as we speak, to do the wiring. YIPPEE. Of course the re-scheduling of the dish guy isn't until Thursday, but so be in. Unless, of course, I can figure out a way to bribe the tech to somehow get his ass over here uncover. I am WAY into bribery, especially if it's for a cause to better my viewing pleasure.

Anyway, all here is working out just fine. Except for one thing... all this walking from room to room is killing me! I haven't walked this much since my kid was a toddler, I'll bet. Which reminds me... guess who's arriving on Thursday to enjoy his new digs?? The ever popular, son of a lifetime! I CAN'T WAIT! I guess he needs to sort of check out the house that one day will become HIS. Talk about a method to his madness!

No comments: