12/22/07

CALCULATIONS

According to my personal calculations, were I to total up all the horsepower it took me to make this move in the last three weeks, it would possibly break down to about: 15 consectutive days of 17 people continuously working like dogs. I mean it. That's about how long it took a zillion different people to help with a zillion different tasks. Am so telling you... this was no easy feat. I've never heard of such a thing before, but trust me... that's what it has taken.

In which case, you would almost think that by now, the new house is in pretty damn great shape. As in: ready to welcome anyone of royal descent on down. Only problem is: it's not. Maybe, not even close. On the other hand, it's WAY better than it was, believe me, but I still have SO much yet to do. Case in point: bring over all my sets of dishes, pack up all the items from my old bedroom shelves, and get my ass in gear to empty two entire closets. And then of course, cart all those things over here. THEN I'll have to unpack and organize said contents once again. Whoa. I am exhausted just thinking about it.

As it happens, today I've spent, yet another about 8 hours arranging billions of things in the house. I could almost upload picts, but am not quite there yet. My bedroom is still a sort of disaster area given I'm in the throes of transferring the contents of all my drawers from one dresser into another. Don't ask. So, while 17 people had all different sorts of jobs to do, it basically boils down to just ME doing the biggest job of all... figuring out what goes where. No wonder I collapse into bed each night.

I still have a couple of VERY important items that have fallen off the face of the earth and I would LOVE to find them. I'll freak if I don't. But today, I came across something EQUALLY as important to me, and for that I'm thrilled to no end. Get this... I found the last birthday card my mother ever gave to me. She tried signing her name to it, but by that time, her hand writing was nothing like it used to be. Kinda like from a different mother, altogether, but I treasure it, regardless. She signed it seven months before she passed away... can you IMAGINE how special it is to me, now, almost three years since she died? Talk about priceless. Naturally, I came across some other kinds of cherished items, but really... nothing was quite like finding Mom's last card. Man, I miss her.

Anyway, I finally called it a night, and straightened things up a bit around here. Then, I decided it was time to do my roots, so bingo. I had a night primping and preening. Now... I'm ready for bed, ready for my midnight snack and ready for get this... another 8 hour work day tomorrow! Which, by the way, I decided I might begin, by first hooking up with some friends and going out to breakfast. I'm thinking: eggs benedict and a blueberry pancake. THAT outta give me strength and energy. And, according to my calculations, plenty of calories, too.

No comments: