11/30/07

1st TWO DON'T COUNT

Wanna guess where I am RIGHT NOW?? YIPPEE!! I'm in my new house! And, BOY is it ever beautiful! I am so telling you... I hope I get to stay here forEVER. I just can't get over the ROOM there is in here. It's FABULOUS! And... everything so far has worked like CLOCKwork. Imagine... yesterday morning, the closing was at 9:00 a.m. and by tonight, 9:00 p.m., I'M LIVING IN and computing in the lap of luxury.

Well... okay. So it's not the Taj Mahal. But trust me, it's as close as I'll ever get to it. Which actually, is not such a bad thing , given the building in India IS, after all, a mausoleum. EEKS. Regardless, it's the world's most MAGNIFICENT structure ever built, if you ask me. Uh... except for the one I just purchased 24 hours ago. Oh yeah... as way of a history lesson, let me just tell you that the most OPULENT building ever built, is in St Petersburg. Namely: THE WINTER PALACE. You know... where Nicholas and Alexandra lived? Now THAT'S what I call living. Compared to the taste of the Russian leaders, the English monarchs lived in nothing but shabby shacks.

And while my new home is far from a palace OR a shack, you can be sure this house is perfectly palatial for ME. By the way, I'm thinking of telling my doctor that in addition to my daily yoga sessions, I've now taken up walking. As in: I'm now walking three times as far to get anywhere in HERE, than in my old baby sized house. I'm telling you... forget slippers. I need major WALKING SHOES to get from room to room.

Today was the second ball buster work day, in a row. I'm sooo bushed. Tomorrow and Sunday don't look like it's going to be much better, either. But... I DO have several friends meeting me at the old house on Sunday morning to grab whatever they want, load it in their car and BOOM. Deliver it over here. I'll have great eats awaiting them, as a form of bribery and before you know it, BINGO. I'll be having my first House Party. The big, heavy furniture, etc. was moved in earlier today by a local moving company, so all in all, I'm thinking that a week from now? Will seem like I've been here for ever. Talk about good things coming to those who wait. I've waited 40 years of my adult life to get here. And trust me... the wait was worth it.

Anyway, as I often said, I've been blessed over and over again in this sparkling life of mine. And now, once again I'm enjoying yet another blessing. Which reminds me. Right after the closing, Claudia, Barbara and I came here and before I let them walk in the house, I had them share in a prayer with me, thanking God for all I have, and for all I look forward to. Including many happy, healthy times with my loving family and spectacular friends. Really... how lucky can one woman get??

No comments: