12/24/07

SERVICE WITH A SMILE

I happen to have a really nice kitchen. No, I mean it... really. A NICE KITCHEN. Case in point: for the second day in a row, I have been trying to ward off a head cold. I so hate being sick and while others can have a cold and yet easily go about their delightful daily routine, I instead, like to crawl into bed and wake up only when it's all over.

Kinda like today. It's been a long time since I've taken a nap, but I sort of timed it today so that while my beef tenderloin was baking, I could be in bed, snoozing away. When the timer went off an hour later, I not only woke up, but woke up CRAVING ice cream. Which is good, considering I had just bought some this morning. I was tired of Butter Pecan thus caved in, and bought some Chunky Chocolate. Or something like that.

Anyway, this new freezer of mine likes to freeze food at what seems to be a temperature of about -42 degrees. I have no clue what the temp SHOULD be set at, but regardless. It could take days to defrost something. Consequently, when I went to get the ice cream from the freezer, I immediately popped it into the microwave for 20 seconds. Get this...

Just as the timer counted off from 20 on down, I noticed the screen on the microwave, telling me, as soon as it hit 0, ENJOY YOUR MEAL!! Can you believe it?? I was stunned at the politeness of it all. Why I had never noticed it before, I can't say. But, I have to admit... this was the nicest thing anyone has said to me all day long! What a sweet microwave I have! Frankly, I don't even remember a real PERSON ever having told me something so sweet, just before I was about to sit down and eat. Well, at least not when I wasn't paying for it, anyway. I'm so telling you... these Whirlpool people must be the kindest employees on earth.

As it happens, I not only ate about 5 bites of ice cream right smack from the container, but when I finished, I also took a tiny baby slice of tenderloin, as well. It was DELICIOUS. So... not only are my appliances the politest I've ever had. They apparently cook like a charm, too!

No comments: