12/9/07

WASH DAY WOES

As I sit here, I am PRAYING that my new washer is working correctly. Not only had I been waiting with bated breath for the washer and dryer to arrive, but when it finally DID uh... major problem. The outlet for the dryer is incorrect thus I have to have the electrician here tomorrow to replace it. Something about wrong prong plate.

Okay... so I figured that toDAY, I'll wash only those things that will do fine with mere air drying. Panties, knee highs, knit shirts, etc. Uh... is it me or did the washer knob NOT move along correctly, throughout the cycle?? You know... signifying that it's completed one process of the wash and is onto the next? Geez... I am so freaked right now, that perhaps this machine is a dud.

I did one load already and, actually looked forward to doing it (after a week of the laundry piling up) like a child might look forward to opening Xmas presents. FINALLY. My clothing will be cleaned and spiffy once again! So... in went the detergent, in went the laundry, up filled the water level and ding went the sound that the machine was beginning it's work. My problem however, was I began to wonder if the water level in the rinse cycle was actually filling and THEN draining, or was the water merely filling AND draining all in a continuous, ongoing cycle. As in: getting no where, but fast. This is exactly where I began to first smell trouble.

Huh? Am I going to have to actually REPLACE this machine? Call the service dept? Have to begin the buying process all over again? After just one day of use?? PLEASE... say it ain't so. In the meantime, to document the possible glitch, get this... I'm doing another load as we speak. TESTING... TESTING. Will you work?? Will you fill and drain correctly? Will you PLEASE not make me have to start making calls to resolve this hassle?? (at the moment, the rinse cycle has just begun) I'm now into timing it. PLEASE move on to the spin cycle! Pretty please. I'll be your best friend!!

OOPS... I SWEAR... I THINK I JUST HEARD ANOTHER DING. Maybe it DID move to spin, after all. Let me go check.

YIPPEE!! I do believe it's working on schedule!! Maybe my wash woes WILL disappear, after all. Of course, I am SO not into counting chickens before they hatch, which of course is why I'm not yet ruling out Monday as Wash Day. On the other hand, you can be SURE there will be no ironing on Tuesday.

No comments: