9/29/07

MERCI BEAUCOUP

I want to thank everyone I know, for not going to Target tonight. Had you gone, I would have been MORTIFIED. You see, I went to Target, but I looked so damn crappy, it was embarrassing. I SHOULD have at least put on a bra, which I didn't. I also didn't put on any jewelry nor comb my hair nor check my makeup. I basically looked exactly like I did when I was hanging out at home, doing housework and returning phone calls. Yet the urge for heading over to Target hit me. Oh well.

As it happened, I had a return to make at the store. I've been trying to make this return for weeks now, but was just never in the mood. Apparently tonight... the mood struck. Thus, out I went. I zipped over to the mall, made my return and earned a nifty $37.00 in no time flat. I probably should have stopped there.

But, I didn't. Instead, I decided to go on a shopping spree. I know what you're thinking... Huh? in TARGE`?? Uh... I guess so. All I know is, by the time you could say t-shirt and shoe department, I had a basketful of all KINDS of things. I strolled every aisle I fancied and without giving a single hoot, I threw things in my cart, left and right. If I liked it, boom. I bought it. Man, was THAT ever not the likes of an educated consumer. But regardless, I so have to say... I chose great things! All to the tune of $200, I might add. So much for my $37 credit.

And, as if that wasn't enough... when I was at the cashier, it suddenly dawned upon me that I really had not yet eaten a meal today. I was hungry! Boom. I paid my bill and IMMEDIATELY headed over to the hot dog counter. I bought a Kosher hot dog and a child's size diet soda and let me tell you... I loved every bite I ate and every sip I swallowed! Am so telling you... it turned out to be a WONderful evening of entertainment! What made it all the better however, was the fact I didn't run into ONE person I knew. Thank God. Thus, merci for not being at the mall. You have NO idea how much I appreciate it.

No comments: