7/31/07

RAMBLINGS

Before I even begin this entry I must tell you that you can't iMAGine how many folks are dying to know the identity of Mrs. X. To those folks I can only say one thing: AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. You think I'd actually REVEAL such info?? No way. If you weren't there, you won't know. Sorry. I'm heavy into protecting the innocent. Uh... and, myself, too.

The second thing folks want to know about is my past weekend at the lake house. I couldn't beGIN to write all about it... suffice it to say that it was everything I hoped it would be. And BETTER. There were about 10 of us in total and we had the time of our lives. There were boat rides, late night swims, MAjor gourmet meals, drinking, gossiping, and laughter, laughter and more laughter. There was also a LOT about which I couldn't write even if I WANTed to, given a couple of the evenings resembled something close to a wild bunch of girls in a crazy ass college dorm. I even kinda came up with a rule for several of us... NO BRAS AND NO WATCHES. Actually, it turned out to be a pretty educational weekend, too, given someone brought a video teaching one how to use the Pearl Panther. Don't ask.

What I WILL write about however is the fact that EEKS. Pat, my housekeeper had to QUIT! Now THERE'S a problem if ever there was one. She has a painful elbow that's REALLY causing major trouble thus her doctor said: SORRY, NO MORE WORK. NOT FOR SIX WEEKS AND MAYBE, FOREVER. Geez. You can be SURE I wasn't happy to hear about this!

The other ladies for whom Pat works, figured they'll merely take care of their house themselves. ME?? Not going to happen. I imMEDiately got on the phone, lined up some prospects and boom! I FOUND A REPLACEMENT. Bingo. Tomorrow is her first day and I have HIGH hopes all will be fine. The thought of ME having to do my own housekeeping is simply not in the cards. I don't do it well, nor do I do it with a smile. Thus, while I do in fact love Pat, I'll soon be learning to love her replacement just as much. Trust me... anyone who helps with my house cleaning is nothing short of an angel from heaven.


Of course NOW I have to go straighten up a bit so my NEW housekeeper will think I'm as neat and tidy as a surgical operating room. Remember: you can only fool some of the people SOME of the time. Thus, believe me, it's only time before she discovers the REAL me.

No comments: