7/6/07

TWO'S COMPANY

I am sitting here, killing time until I have to go to the airport to pick up a friend who is visiting for a few days. I love having company and I am sure we're going to have a terrific time being together, hanging out and relaxing in this mountain retreat of mine, which I like to call La Casita de Lindita. Better known as Linda's Small Home.

The good thing about having guests is the motivational factor to get your entire home in tip top shape. What? I should fail the five star hotel rating for a great getaway? NEVER. If anything, I like being rated a 5+. So, not only is the guest room all prepped with flowers and candy on the nightstand, but also, every inch (well, almost) of the house is competely straightened ... arranged just as I like it. I am the kind of housekeeper whose basic rule is: have a place for everything and have everything in it's place.

What often kills me by the way, is that while I am indeed a neat freak, it takes me almost NO TIME AT ALL for eye clutter to gather 1-2-3, often throwing my basic rule of tidiness all to hell. It's crazy. How I ever maintained a meticulous home when my entire family of 5 (plus an additional 6th by virtue of live in help) were still around, is beyond me. NOW... with everyone outta here... boom! it takes me mere hours after my housekeeper leaves to create SOME sort of disorganization. Thus, why I love being motivated by expected company, since then FOR SURE I clear up each little nook and cranny.

That's the good part about having visitors. What I DON'T like about having visitors is the mandated starvation diet I need to go on three days before their arrival. I mean... really... if my house is going to look so damn well put together, then the least I can do, is make sure I'M put together, too. Actually, I do the starvation bit for a couple of reasons.


First of all, I of course want to look as nice as I can. A stretch maybe, but I try, anyway. Secondly, when I have guests coming to stay at La Casita de Lindita, you can almost be SURE we're going to spend a lot of time downing both crap and gourmet foods. And, hopefully, plenty of it. Thus... I NEED to starve for three days just to counter act all the culinary intake I'm planning on enjoying. Bear in mind, I LIKE taking advantage of every possible opportunity to eat thus having company is a reason right up my alley.

So basically, all in all, having company is a wonderful thing. 1.) I get to have fun being with people I really enjoy 2.) I have my house in tip top shape and of course 3.) I get to EAT! Which is presently presenting a bit of a personal dilemma I might add. We'll be headed to a late lunch as soon as we leave the airport yet right now, I'M SO DAMN HUNGRY, I COULD EAT A HORSE. What to do? Eat now/wait?? Eat now/wait? Eat now/wait? Hmmm... I think I'll head off to grab an Oreo. How's THAT for problem solving?

No comments: