7/11/07

GO WITH YOUR GUT

I like listening to my inner voice. You know... the voice that speaks to you when you're all alone while taking a walk. Or the one that repeatedly reviews all sorts of past events and/or conversations. And, the one that will rationally and brilliantly say all the things you SHOULD have said when for instance you were earlier embroiled in a major argument.

This inner voice taught me a lot, actually. I give great validity to it thus I not only listen to it closely, but also respect it highly. It's always seems that my inner voice pretty much reflects my subconscious gut feelings, thus the voice is therefore normally pretty much right on target. Bottom Line: when you feel it in your gut, LISTEN to it and take heed somehow in your personal life.

Which brings me to our head Homeland Security guy, who today said, he feels in his gut that we Americans are possibly due for a terrorist attack this summer. EEEKS. HE'S TELLING ME I'M SOON GOING TO DIE?? Oh my God... so not what I want to hear. Better yet, not exactly how I'd like him to oversee what may be THE most important organization in the United States today. Jesus... I can see this guy has no clue how to comfort me.

If he REALLY wants to alert me on impending terrorist activities that will probably doom me forever, how about forgoing what his gut is telling him and instead, figure out what real international SPY agencies are telling him. How about checking out the whereabouts of actual terrorists? How about even using high tech secret listening devices planted in all SORTS of key universal locations? DON'T TELL ME WHAT YOUR GUT IS SAYING. Better yet don't tell ME before you tell The President, the Congress or the Pentagon!

Look... I have no problem going with your gut when it comes to playing a high stake poker game. I also have no problem with listening to your gut when selecting a potential stock investment. BUT LISTENING TO HIS INNER VOICE TO RUN/MAINTAIN THE SECURITY OF OUR COUNTRY?? Uh... no. I don't think so. For THAT I'm into FACTS. Not mere voices.

I WILL give this guy SOME credit, however. I must admit he's scared me WAY sufficiently to grab a bag of potato chips and chilpolte dip, just to get through this entry! Bottom Line: I much prefer FILLING my gut rather than simply run the country by listening to it.

No comments: