5/13/07

YOU NEED A KID

Wednesday was a great day for me. It was the day my one in a million kid arrived to spend time with his one in a million mother... ME! I can't tell you how I thrilled I am each time I see his face rounding the corner of the airport wall, walking towards me. His face simply makes me jump for joy. The two of us always have grins from ear to ear. YIPPEE. My son is here is for Mother's Day!

Which is kinda important, since believe me... I'll just bet when the day comes that he takes himself a bride, she'll probably be hauling him over to HER mother's house for Mother's Day. Damnit. Hence, I had better live it up now; God only knows how long I'll have him to myself.

Which is too bad. Because believe it or not... I have a son who is electronic genius, plumber, computer whiz and office secretary all rolled into one. Now HERE is a guy who's good to have around. Especially since I had a list way long of things to do requiring A Jack of All Trades. The list included things like:

1.) buy/install DVD player in my bedroom
2.) remove/replace the broken antenna on the portable/cordless TV
3.) call Direct TV and figure out how to lower my monthly bill
4.) fix yet AGAIN the running water in the guest bathroom toilet
5.) set me up for online banking and
6.) find a Password Manager program to help organize my info.

BINGO. IN ONE FELL SWOOP, MY SON DID IT ALL. What mother could ask for more? In return, I fed my kid, I did his laundry, listened to Howard Stern 24/7, held a small dinner party in his honor and even let him keep the thermostat down to 69 degrees while I froze to death. Plus... he even completed the 3-D puzzle of the Taj Majal which he's been working on for me during his past three visits.

And... as if all this wasn't enough, my genius son ALSO became a medical doctor/caterer on Friday night, when minutes before our guests arrived I BURNED ALL FIVE FINGER TIPS ON MY RIGHT HAND. Oh my God... it was so crazy, not to mention PAINful! But... have no fear. Thanks to my personal medic, I not only had appropriate procedures immediately applied to my fingers, but also had a perfectly fine dinner prepared/served without ever skipping a beat.

Last but not least, my son and I tried figuring out a great title to the book we hope will one day make us filthy rich when I publish all my blogs. Neither of us could come up with a fabulous title, although the one we DID get a kick out of most was: F- YOU... AND OTHER PEARLS OF WISDOM. Which reminds me: anyone who CAN come up with just the right title, DEFINITELY gets a major prize.

My prize for the moment however, is my kid. We had a terrific 5 days of fun, feast and frolic. And best of all, both of us are looking forward to our NEXT chance to hang out and hang loose. Indeed... this was a most wonderful Mother's Day. I can only hope EVERYone's was happy. But first... you need a kid and unfortunately... and you can't have the all time best. He's already MINE.

No comments: