5/2/07

TOTALLY SPENT

In case you've never seen a woman totally spent from an exhausting, rough sort of day, you're looking at one, now. Lovely, huh?.

These past two weeks have been crazy for Claudia and I. Our Dad took a bad fall and subsequently, he was in the hospital, then a crappy rehab center, then back at home, and just yesterday, he entered a sort of posh assistance living type place. Kinda like a fancy schamcy nursing home. Trust me, however... you can never be fancy ENOUGH for this type of living arrangement, but so be it.

I won't get into the whole ordeal, since it's a pretty traumatic experience for everyone involved. Rather, I'll get into what happened later that day. As it happened, yesterday was a HORRIBLY hot day. As in: temps similar to the ones I hated while living in Florida. No WONDER I moved from there. Extreme heat is so not my style. Whatever to happened to Spring, I don't know, but I am major afraid of what summer is going to be like, believe me. A month ago, there was snow upon the ground. Today, sweltering heat is upon me. Go figure.

In the meantime, as you can see from the picture, I was absolutely worn out. So worn out... from the day's events AND the heat... that get this. I unlocked my front door, walked in and IMMEDIATELY began to strip off all my clothes. At that point, I couldn't have cared LESS who might be peeking in any of my windows. Besides, if anyone is stupid enough to want to see ME undressed, then they DESERVE the freebie show.

So... item by item, I began to disrobe and within mere seconds I began to feel a sense of freedom. Not to mention a sense of cool. I didn't even hang up anything that came off, either. Like a major slob, I just threw all the clothing on the dining room table and began prancing through the house, doing whatever I needed. As in: grab a Diet Coke and probably an Oreo. No sooner had I walked out of the kitchen then: DING DONG.

Eeeks. My front door was ringing. SOMEONE WAS THERE, WAITING FOR ME TO ANSWER. And... answer I did. COMPLETELY UNDRESSED, TOO. I told you... I could have CARED LESS who saw me. As I approached the door, I was thinking to myself: pretend I'm at a European topless beach. Bingo. I'd fit right in. Of course, I WASN'T at a topless beach so, you can well imagine the shock my girlfriend's face when I opened the glass door and said: OH, HI THERE! COME ON IN!


We both burst out in hilarious laughter as I explained my presence. Can you iMAGine?? When's the last time someone came to YOUR house and you greeted them just shy of nudity?? Actually, I spared my girlfriend the unnecessary sight of my undraped body, and put my shirt back on. Damnit. But... I have to tell you... the whole bit was pretty funny. In fact, we wasted little time in sharing our story with a lot of our OTHER friends. Friends who were probably happy as hell THEY didn't come to my door, instead.

Wanna guess what I did as soon as my friend left?? YOU GUESSED IT. I ripped off the f-ing shirt once again. And.. would you believe, I didn't' put anything back on, even when doing my yoga session! Now, there's a sight to behold. Doing yoga in nothing but my pair of string bikini panties. EEKS. Seems as if I've developed a whole new position in yoga... COMPROMISING.

No comments: