5/16/07

THE FUN HOUSE

Well, I guess SOME people call it the Fun House. I, myself, call it the FUNNY FARM. And basically, there's where I'm soon headed. Having a parent no longer able to live by themselves, and in need of an assisted living situation is no great shakes, let me tell you. And, that's if your parent is cooperative and kinda with it. If your parent is instead, cantankerous and obstinate then WHAMO. You're in big trouble. I love the theater. But, give me REAL LIFE drama... boom. I'm a mess.

Kinda like now. It's really sad to see a parent who was once so dapper and fun loving become so old and so helpless. But, sadness aside, it's also HORRIBLY STRESSFUL to watch. In fact, just yesterday, when I was leaving to go visit my Dad, I wrote a check to my housekeeper, literally telling her that I had better write it now, since I don't really know the exact time table for when my heart attack is going to actually kick in. Believe me... I'm definitely counting on one occurring, but as I said, I just don't know WHEN.

To help keep an attack at bay however, I must admit that I'm popping half an Ativan probably about once a day/day and a half lately. I'm hoping they'll keep me from having to enter the Funny Farm any sooner than normally expected. Also to help keep the attack at bay, I'm spending way more time during my yoga sessions trying to chill out and meditate. In addition, a huge knot has developed in the small of my back, right next to my left hip which means I had better call the masseuse lickety split. Heavy handed fingers are way needed to uh... knead it. Oh yeah... I forgot... I also have to drop two daily Advil to sort of kill the back pain. All in all, I'm in good shape, don't you think?

As it happens, I don't like to hang my soiled laundry out in public, thus I'm not going to go into details about Dad, etc. What I WILL do instead, is merely zone out by staying close to home and away from lots of people and places. I don't focus well when I'm not on top of my game, thus, I'll probably veg out and do meaningless things around the house. Not only will I keep my sanity, but who knows? I may wind up with a great new look in the house.

Bottom line: I have minimal interest in blogging lately; especially since there really isn't anything that's tickling my fancy. Remember a couple of weeks ago when Sue was touting my high happiness level and ability to find joy all over the place? Geez... is SHE ever on the wrong page. Lately, I seem to be shifting those levels of pleasure and joy from 5 to 9 back down to 6 then maybe up to an 8. And, those shifts can be almost hourly. EEKS.

So... if I check into the Funny Farm any time soon... let's hope they have an internet connection. I'd love to see what sort of blogs I'd create while residing there. HI, FROM THE FARM. IT'S A LOT OF FUN SO FAR, ALTHOUGH I'M SEEING NO ANIMALS ON ANY PASTURES. NOR IN ANY BARNS. WISHED YOU WERE HERE.

No comments: