5/20/07

QUICK TURN-A-ROUND

Well, that didn't take long. Remember when just yesterday I was sort of into the Birthday Blahs? Well, whatta ya know? Bingo... I apparently moved REAL quickly right smack into the Birthday Bonus!! I am telling you.. it turned out to be quite a great day.

First of all, a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers arrived about 11 in the morning. Now THAT'S a great way to start the day! That's them up above. Aren't they stunning?? I love surprise deliveries like that.

Secondly, I decided to maybe treat myself to something, so I stopped in one of my local stores to see what they had, that I might like to own. GET THIS... for the first time IN YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS I was actually able to buy something from THE MISSES' DEPARTMENT and not the Specialty Size dept!! WOW. This is the kind of news that should be broadcast on World News Tonight, if you ask me. And, as it happens, Laura called just as I was making my selection of white linen slacks... zipper and button closure, even! So boom. I actually got to the share the momentous occasion with someone!

Thirdly... and this is the bonus... I was picked up by friends to go grab a planned bite to eat and WHAMO! I walked into Susan's house to find 14 of my friends waiting to surprise me with a FABULOUS DINNER OF BEEF TENDERLOIN AND ROASTED TURKEY BREAST!! All in my honor! I was SHOCKED to say the least! There was allll sorts of goodies as side dishes and the most beautiful chocolate sheet cake you ever saw! And... I GOT PRESENTS! Lots of them, too! I am so telling you... I am so blessed to have such great friends who bring me so much joy and so much love.

So, you do the math. Who in their right mind WOULDN'T call that a bonus birthday?? Goes to show... you just never know what sort of fun is awaiting you right around the corner. It also goes to show... don't ever bitch on your birthday. Feeling blah or not, you can ALWAYS turn it into a bonus day, lickety split! Well... if you're lucky, like me, that is. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone who was there to help make my day so special. Of course, NEXT year is on me. But... that's okay. It's THE BIG ONE. EEKS.

No comments: