5/16/07

LIFE CYCLES

They say that what goes around, comes around. Kinda like hem lines, hair do's and even human nutrition. I remember being told NO CAFFEINE... IT'S BAD FOR YOU. Boom. Next thing you know, caffeine is actually good for the brain. So is chocolate. Even real butter and yellow egg yolks are now on the GOOD FOR YOU List.

In that vein, I'm now wondering if maybe I should re-think the ever popular, steadfast rule, of the life threatening dangers regarding keeping doughnuts in one's house. Granted, the nutritional value found in doughnuts is equivalent to the nutritional value found in poison. However, as it happens, twice in the last week, I've actually NEEDED two of the three dozen doughnuts that were sitting in my freezer as of last weekend.

WHAT? THERE WERE 3 DOZEN DOUGHNUTS IN THE HOUSE?? Well... uh... I'm ashamed to say it... but... YES. Last week I sent my son to buy 5 dozen doughnuts for school and he walks in with 7, instead. I immediately flipped out at the amount of boxes he was carrying and wound up taking 4 dozen to school and freezing the remaining 3. And, it's a good thing I did, too.

Friday night I had company over for dinner and as delicious as the meal was, it was NOTHING compared to the dessert. How could it NOT be fabulous? I HAD DOUGHNUTS, didn't I??? And, I had ice cream. BINGO! TALK ABOUT A HOME RUN in the dessert department! Then... today I drove 5 of my friends to see the new house of a 6th friend.... who just happened to say: Barbara's here, and she brought me lunch. You can bring the dessert. In no time at all, the wheels began spinning in my head and I thought: SI SENORA. NO PROBLEMO, MI AMIGA, mission accomplished.

Within moments, I ran to the freezer and voila! I TOOK OUT A DOZEN CHOCOLATE COVERED, COLORED SPRINKLED DOUGHNUTS and was in the car, on my way to Delicious Heaven. Of course at first, no one but ME was going to eat this deadly poison. How long you think THAT lasted? Am so telling you, in no time flat I think EVERYone had their fair share.

Which brings me back to what goes around, comes around. Turns out, having a huge stash of doughnuts may not be such a bad thing AFTERall. Just look at the exceptionally fine use I found, within mere days of each other, to offer this toxic food to several people I love and adore! Besides, doughnuts have ALWAYS been on my top three all time Favorite Foods List. Wanna know the other two?

No comments: