4/7/07

ODE TO LAURA

I love Laura for a million reasons. Spend a couple of hours with her and it'll be the best two hours of your day. She's hilarious. She's way happening, especially in a world that left me behind in the dust some 20+ years ago. And... she's one of my most loyal readers.

So loyal in fact, that I got this email from her late last night:

Dear Linda,
It is with great sadness that I write this email. I have been a loyal blog reader of yours and now I must register my first complaint. As much as I enjoy all of your entries, the lamp fire being one of my all time favorites, I may have to remove "Living as Linda" from the top of my favorite places list. Your last entry entitled "House of Plenty" albeit hilarious, was written over five, that's FIVE days ago. For someone like myself who is a big loser, you simply must post more often. Please advise me when the next posting will take place as I am boycotting your blog until there is a new one posted.
Thank you so much for your time and consideration.
Your biggest fan,
Laura


CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?? I'M ON A MANDATED SCHEDULE?? Who the hell KNEW? Granted, when I read the first two lines of the email, my heart started pounding, thinking I must have written something really, really horrible. Finally, by the time I got the gist of what Laura was saying, my heart calmed down quite a bit, and then I just had to laugh. But not for long. Within seconds I got an instant message stating: YOU WRITING RIGHT NOW? Whoa... I'd been online mere moments and BOOM. I'm getting it from all fronts. Now HERE'S a reader who has the Blog Jones BADLY. Which of course, is just the way I like my readers to be.

Thus... in honor of Laura, I'm offering this ode. Also in her honor, I'm moving her to first place on my A++ List of Women Who Know a Good Thing When They See It. I love you, Laura.

AN ODE TO LAURA
Here is woman I wished you could know,
Wherever she is, you'd sure want to go.
She's been in my life for 40 years +...
I may even have taught her... how to properly cuss.
The words that I didn't, she learned on her own,
A more happening young woman, I seldom have known.

She once was so ticked as we traveled by car,
IS IT MY FAULT MY STOMACH'S A PROBLEM... WHEREVER WE ARE?
When my days weren't so spiffy, I'd go spend the night
Wherever she took me, I found sheer delight.

Laura is beautiful and Laura is funny...
We both can bemoan, how we want Lottery money.
Although she is there, and I am now here...
I simply can tell you she fills me with cheer.

Lastly, I thank her for my very first sight,
Of an adult like gift, she got one birthday night.
Though her gift was a "gag"... last laugh was on me...
For gagging on it... I could easily see.

So... Keep reading my blog, my Sweet Laura Dear...
I'll keep adding my posts, thus you shan't live in fear.
If I take some time off, then maybe assume,
I am getting a life... and for all we know... getting some, too.

No comments: