11/23/07

BILL OF FARE


See this receipt? See what I ordered? Do me a favor. Go order it for yourself. QUICKLY! You will thank me profusely. I can not TELL you how absolutely delicious this meal was! This was by far the most delicious meal I've had in AGES and believe me. I've had some damn good meals in the past month. This one was an A++.

As it happens, Susan and I went to Linens N Things. She needed to make a return and I needed to check out some new linens that I might want for my new house. Actually, I needed to check out bed skirts. Uh... $489.00 later I had it. Along with a BUNCH of other things, too. I bought BEAUTIFUL linens for the bed and fabulous matching bathroom towels AND stunning sheers to match the color schemes. I even bought a really beautifully upholstered circular makeup chair with fabric to the floor so that I can sit in style while I make myself... ahem... gorgeous? I just can't WAIT to put my bedroom/bathroom together. I'm thinking: it's going to look spiffy as hell!

In the meantime, an hour and a half later, I was ready to walk out the door. We loaded up the car with my zillions of purchases, and decided we'd drive across the street to grab some Thai food. Problem: the place didn't open for another hour yet. Which is what brought us down a couple of doors, to Carrabba's. A favorite place, for sure. We walked in, ordered an early dinner and bingo. We were in food heaven. Our waitress was Zora, who deserved a major raise, considering she was VERY patient as I created myself, the exact topping I wanted for my pasta. After all... just because it's not on the menu doesn't mean I can't REALLY have exactly what I want.

Anyway, I am so telling you... this dinner was outstanding! I brought about half of it home, so as I see it, I can YET AGAIN enjoy it just as much the second time around as I did the first. Like maybe at midnight tonight? As in: my midnight feeding?? Kind of like babies, now that I think about it. Hey. THEY sleep through the night on a full stomach. Why shouldn't I???

So... my best advice? Check out the Carrabba's in your town and replicate this order. Your belly will be ever so grateful. Even at midnight.

No comments: