11/4/07

MUSIC TO MY EARS

I have a zillion hobbies. And, the reason I think I enjoy them so much is because almost all of them can be done right smack in the comfort of my own home. Which means... I don't even have to get DRESSED to enjoy my favorite downtime activities. Who could ask for more than THAT? I am not into collecting bottle caps. I am not into birdwatching. And I'm CERTAINLY not into anything that could possibly cause perspiration.

Which is why I'm crazy about sewing, painting, photography, computing, writing, music, reading, and of course the ever popular... NAPPING. Oh... I almost forgot... I also love learning about monarchies and dynasties. Anyway, the point is: I am perfectly capable of entertaining myself in all sorts of happy ways. Well, guess what. I've just added a whole NEW way of keeping a smile on my face and pleasure in my heart. Get this...

I am now spending some absolutely fabulous downtime watching incredible music videos on YouTube! ITS SO TREMENDOUS. At almost any given moment, I can attend a full blown concert right in the confines of my very own computer room! It's really great. For example, just a few minutes ago, I watched the Pointer Sisters perform JUMP, Elvis Presley sing AMAZING GRACE, Mick Jagger belt out START ME UP and Elton John get a crowd all starry eyed with CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE TONIGHT. I am so telling you... this Residential Concert Going invention is the BEST. Have a favorite singer? Bingo. Go to the site, type in their name and the song you want to hear and WHAMO. You're at a concert. Or, at the very least watching them record the tune. You can even see the original video, shown on television. Kinda like your private MTV programming or something.

As a matter of fact... here: For you musical pleasure, I'll even supply you with my personal suggested line up for first time viewers. I love them all... but, the first two I love most of all since they're amongst my all time favorite songs ever. Well, that along with about 249 others.


1.
YouTube - Tina Turner - Simply The Best (Divas Live 1999) or
YouTube - Tina Turner " Simply The Best "
2.
YouTube - Ivory Joe Hunter - Since I met you baby
3.
YouTube - Janis Joplin - Me and Bobby Mc Gee
4.
YouTube - The Police - Every Breath You Take
5.YouTube - Elton John & George Michael -Don't let the sun go down on me

Trust me... these 5 should definitely be included in YOUR Top Ten lineup, too. Naturally, YouTube also lets you watch reruns of your favorite TV show or any missed news clips. You can even see the latest crap that young, blond, female celebrities are up to, lest you forgot what complete idiots they are. But... I think my vote is going to go with the music deals. I am wild for live rock concerts thus I DEFinitely get a real kick out of viewing my all time favorites with the click of a button. Of course you miss out on the inviting odor of the major heavy Thai Stick filling the auditorium, but hey. You can't have EVERYthing.

No comments: