8/8/06

IT'S OFFICAL!!

As of today, I'm no longer a loser. Actually, as of this coming Saturday, I think. FINALLY... AFTER BEING THE LAST AMERICAN ON EARTH to do so, I've ordered Fast Access Internet Service! YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE For the last 12 years, I've been doing dial up and believe you me, it sucks. BUT... I stuck with it for several reasons, not the least of which was my fear of initially being billed, let's say $25 a month, only to see it jump to something like $182 in almost no time at all.

Kinda like my cable service. THEY lured me into their fold with a fabulous pricing offer, and over a couple year period, next thing you know, I was paying 4x the amount for absolutely no additional service whatsoever. Which is why I've since switched to Direct TV and have never looked back.

ANYway, this morning I bit the bullet and spoke with a very patient BellSouth rep, Ms. Grier and HALLELUJAH I'm on my way! Now, don't get me wrong. I've been around the block a few times, so I'm already prepared for all SORTS of glitches to arise. And, I pretty much told BellSouth that. Sure, sure sure. They told me not to worry. Everything I bundled so as to get cellular discounts, free modem, etc. will fly without a hitch. Statements will reflect exactly what was quoted me on the phone... you know the drill. But I, on the other hand, know the reality. NOTHING WILL GO ACCORDING TO PLAN. I'm accepting this right off the bat. BUT... I will, on the other hand GET HIGH SPEED internet access, so who gives a s#^%. JUMPIN' JOSEPHA RING TONES, BATMAN! I'M OUT OF THE LOSER BOX! About damn time, too!

The only other thing I now look forward to, is resolving all the conflicting biling problems that will come about which, according to my calendar, will occur probably around September 23rd. Stay tuned for the prediciton results!

No comments: