8/13/06

LIFE ON THE FAST TRACK

Well, shiver me timbers, mate. I'M FINALLY surfing the net at jet speed. I can't beLIEVE how great this is. I feel like a bird soaring the skies for the first time in my life. It's definitely the next best thing to sliced bread. It took me 12 years of being on a dial up connection to finally make the call to BellSouth and say HOOK ME UP!

The equipment arrived yesterday and today, thanks to Claudia and Barbara, I'm back in the real world. Trust me... it took the three of us to do it, but do it we did. Actually, the computer installation was no real problem. Much more, was the fanagling of the wires, rearranging outlets, adding splicers, etc. BUT... it's a done deal now and boy am I thrilled.

Already, I checked out photo albums from family celebrations, watched a bunch of Elton John music videos and even uploaded a bunch of files in mere seconds. Even posting a new blog entry was done in NO TIME at all. I just can't believe this. Am telling you... if now, the billing from Cingular and Direct TV reflect the new discounted charges, I'll be on a major roll. THANK YOU GOD FOR GIVING ME THE GIFT OF SPEED.

Of course, now all that's left, is to figure out how to send/receive faxes via my computer. HA. Now THERE'S a challenge if ever there was!

No comments: