8/11/06

IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!

YEA! IT ARRIVED!! I got of the shower about an hour ago, and I noticed a UPS truck zipping around the neighborhood. Bingo... an alarm went off in my head... THE DSL EQUIPMENT IS HERE! Yippee. Except, I also noticed the truck turned in a completely different direction than my house. Goodbye delivery. But wait... I then looked through the glassed area front door and sure enough. There it was. THE EQUPIMENT!

I opened all the boxes and within minutes I determined: EEKS. Problem City. There is NO way I'll be able to do this by myself. Not because I can't figure out the directions, but rather, I could tell right away the wires weren't long enough. The outlets needed for hook up jacks weren't close enough. The furniture needed to be moved isn't light. Also, the installation disk told me to hook up the Ethernet cable rather than the DSL cable. HUH?? WHY?? What the hell is the difference??

So, just as earlier predicted, I can see that the first of my glitches have occurred. See? This is exactly why it's great to have a savvy kid. I have to call him to find out what to do next about the Ethernet bit. He should be able to point me in the right direction 1-2-3. Which reminds me, by the way, I heard on TV earlier that some teen in Utah is being charged with killing his mother by locking her in the freezer. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? THIS IS ACCEPTABLE?? FREEZING YOUR MOM?? Jesus. Talk about giving a whole new meaning to "I'm freezing to death".

Stay tuned for future glitch announcements.

No comments: