7/5/06

I HAVE A FOLLOWING??

Uh-oh. Just yesterday I was raving about Francine and her ability to spot a great blog when she sees one. Next thing I know, Wilma sends me an email telling me how thrilled she is that she rechecked my blog for updates. And boy, what glowing things she had to say! My God... who KNEW I was beginning to gather fans? Okay, okay. I know. They're merely being nice, but still, it's fun hearing from them. (do two kind people REALLY form a fan base??) Regardless, to prove what a sagacious woman Wilma is (as opposed to what a simply talented writer I am) I'm including the following quote: "What a hoot! I think you should take up comedy writing...try a script for a sitcom." CAN YOU IMAGINE?? If ever I were to see credits on Curb Your Enthusiasm with MY name listed, I'd have little time to celebrate. I'd fall over dead from a thrilling heart attack way before I could enjoy the moment. Let alone, before any check came rolling in. So much for easy come, easy go. By the way, see Wilma's picture? She's wearing the scarf I made for her. (yet another of my many talents, she says with humility)

In the meantime, you can well imagine how deeply I gasped when I heard that Ken Lay went to the great beyond today. Now, I'm not completely heartless, thus I do feel very sad for the loss his family must be feeling. On the other hand, talk about having to choose the lesser of two evils. Way to avoid 45 years in prison, if I do say so myself. And trust me... he deserved every day of the slammer sentence. Proving once again... timing is everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been called a lot of things but this is the first time anyone ever called me "sagacious". Now I have to go to look it up to be sure I know what it means.