12/27/11

MILLION DOLLAR LOOK


Man... you'd think I were a model on the cover of Vogue Magazine or something. And, according to the cost of my hair products, I damn well should be. Talk about highway robbery.

For years I bought my hair products... Bumble and Bumble... at my hair salon. The place where I used have my hair cut and/or colored until I took over the entire operation myself, here at home. Reason?? Cause I am heavy into immediate gratification and if it was 11 o'clock on a Monday night, who the hell could wait until noon on Wednesday for a hair appointment? Hence, goodbye Angie... hello me. I took over her job. Not well, necessarily, but I like my hours way better.

Anyway, in spite of my having to give Angie the unfortunate heave ho, I still loved the top of the line products she carried in her salon. At top of the line pricing, too, I might add. Until one day, when I called Maya and said... please put aside 2 of these, three of those, etc. etc. and I'll stop by tomorrow to pick them up. Thanks!! But whereas normally Maya tells me NO PROBLEM, they'll be here... THIS time she said: SORRY. NO CAN DO. WE'RE NO LONGER CARRYING THAT LINE.

WHAT??? WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE NOT CARRYING IT ANYMORE?? WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME A HEADS' UP?? I NEED THEM! EEEKS. NOW WHAT??

Well, I'll tell you now what. Now I have to go directly to the Bumble and Bumble website and order the products MYSELF. Omg. What a pain in the ass. But... a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do so boom. I called the company and placed my order. I do have admit though, Jason was pleasant enough and took my order exactly to my specifications.

As in: I needed two one liter shampoos, three one liter conditioners, four curling foams and three surf spray styling spritzers. Boom. Jason recorded my order and tallied up the numbers. Care to guess what my total came to??? Are you sitting down?? Get this...

THINK: $500!!

Are they nuts??? THIS is the cost I have to incur to look only mediocre at best?? My hair is made of sheer strands of GOLD??

Apparently it is. So basically, as I see it, the company isn't NEARLY as nuts as I am. I'M WILLING TO PAY THEM. Oh man... I so wished I could break away from the million dollar hair products, no matter HOW great they are for my hair. But, alas... I can't. I'm ALREADY working at a deficit in the appearance department so any help I can get is help surely needed.

Whoa... you should have heard me on the phone when I finalized my order. They totaled it all up and seriously... I almost had to shriek. In fact, I think I probably did. WHO THE HELL DO THESE PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE, CHARGING SUCH A PRICE?? Man oh man... do I ever need to get in the beauty supply business. We ALL do.

Granted, the order will last me at least a good six months so maybe the pricing isn't that outrageous afterall. On the other hand, if I don't make it onto some pricey magazine cover sometime soon, I should definitely consider asking for my money back.

At the very least I should be looking like a million bucks. Not paying it.

No comments: